1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: "Watched it Played" videos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I've been watching the LotR the card game review from the "Watched it Played" series and it was actualy pretty good. It got me into the card game of the Lord of the Rings and now I want to buy it. But I also have other games I would like to get, and a LCG is not really a game that I will actually buy but after playing such hard boardgames by myself, I might just pick up this game.

With that said, are there any other Watch it played video series on youtube for other games like the D&D games, Roborally, Dungeon Run...etc. I'm sure that if there is a game not on my list that is covered by WIP and it's really good, then I will get that game

EDIT; I'm actually on their Youtube channel right now and they have a listings of other games like

Space Hulk,
Dungeon Run
Small World
Summoner Wars
Mansions of Madness

and more

So I am going to be busy this weekend watching every video breakdown by WIP and decide what I will be really buying when I go to the US in two weeks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay. Please keep us posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribe to the Watch It Played GeekList and enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a WIP series of the D&D Wrath of Ashardalon, and Dungeon Run (but give BR a miss if you'll only be soloing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
There's a WIP series of the D&D Wrath of Ashardalon, and Dungeon Run (but give BR a miss if you'll only be soloing)

I like sololing, what does BR stand for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
Okay. Please keep us posted.

Boooo. Uncalled for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, WIP is a great show!
I love every episode they make!

You're in for a good weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got a wild and crazy weekend ahead of you! Don't go to jail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Going solely by the context, it looks like he meant to write "DR" - in other words, I think he's saying "give Dungeon Run a miss if you'll only be soloing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Going solely by the context, it looks like he meant to write "DR" - in other words, I think he's saying "give Dungeon Run a miss if you'll only be soloing."

Yep that was exactly what I meant :-)

By the way there are some great video series on Mage Knight too - not Watch it Played, but if you go the the Mae Knight section and go to videos, look for "Solo Conquest" by Box of Tricks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you're checking out some of our shows!

One thing I've been curious about... when you go to www.youtube.com/watchitplayed do you see a list of our playlists on your front page? That's how I meant to have it set up and it's what I see when I go there.

Sometimes I get asked if we've covered a particular game, and it makes me think people aren't seeing the list of games right on the page, which makes me wonder if the look is account specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Gamble
msg tools
Pelvidar wrote:

One thing I've been curious about... when you go to www.youtube.com/watchitplayed do you see a list of our playlists on your front page? That's how I meant to have it set up and it's what I see when I go there.

Sometimes I get asked if we've covered a particular game, and it makes me think people aren't seeing the list of games right on the page, which makes me wonder if the look is account specific.

When I'm logged into youtube:
It takes me to the feed tab of your page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WatchItPlayed/feed

When I am logged out of youtube:
It takes me to the featured tab, which lists all the game series you have done:

http://www.youtube.com/watchitplayed

Kind of odd, don't know why it does that but I'm subscribed anyway and just watch the vids from my youtube homepage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great last video by the way. The last 2 minutes for gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Ender Wiggin wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Why would I skip Dungeon Run in terms of solo gaming? I thought DR was sutible to play solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
msg tools
Postin’ over here, boss.
badge
Post over there, Luke.
mb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

Why would I skip Dungeon Run in terms of solo gaming? I thought DR was sutible to play solo

From his point of view he feels that Dungeon Run is not a one player game. I would agree myself, but as you learned in your thread about DR as a single player game, you can play it however you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Really, because two weeks ago you claimed that it wasn't suitable solo in this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/827755/i-am-disapointed-...

Maybe if you started fewer threads you'd be able to keep track of what you think about different games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
So, I spent the whole Saturday watching all of the Watched it play videos

I have seen

Small world
Summoner wars
Space hulk
Super dungeon explorer
Mansions of madness
The D&D game

(well at least the first two parts to decide if I wanted them)

And the last two which I really like the most were
Dungeon Run

And

Lord of the Rings; the card game LCG

I'm a solo gamer, I like to play and control each player. I had experience playing some of the hard games like WoW the adventure game and something easier like Pademic or Dungeon Twister

With that said , I like to know everyone's final thoughts on how would Dungeon Run be like when playing solo controlling all the characters and would LotR card game be a great game to play by yourself?

BTW, I have sent this very same message to Rodney Smith himself in geekmail. This is a copy that is slightly changed and parts deleted where I was like having a conversation to him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:

Hey Rodney,

It looks like you want to have people see the playlists when they go to youtube rather than just your feed for all of Watch it Played's activity. If so than this url is the gold: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatchItPlayed/videos?view=1

Keep it up!
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well actually, I'd really like this to come up by default, as it's what comes up by default for me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WatchItPlayed/featured

This has the latest video at the top with all the playlists below. But I don't know how to make it so that when visitors come to my channel, it automaticaly directs them to it.

EDIT: Wait! I think I figured it out.

When you go to: http://www.youtube.com/watchitplayed

Does it take you to the "Featured" tab automatically now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bedell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With that said , I like to know everyone's final thoughts on how would Dungeon Run be like when playing solo controlling all the characters and would LotR card game be a great game to play by yourself?

During the whole time you were watching the games being played, you didn't take the time to process how they would play solo, which seems to be your number one criteria?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
matthean wrote:

During the whole time you were watching the games being played, you didn't take the time to process how they would play solo, which seems to be your number one criteria?

yeah but I'm talking about controlling all players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:

I think the biggest problem you might have in that situation is determining when to turn the heroes against one another and I wonder if you'd be able to enjoy that sensation as well, playing it solo.

That's probably a tough one for anyone to answer for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So you watched numerous videos looking for games that you would like and had to work solo and yet you didn't actually think about what it would be like controlling all of the characters. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
matthean wrote:

So you watched numerous videos looking for games that you would like and had to work solo and yet you didn't actually think about what it would be like controlling all of the characters. shake

What do you mean, isn't that what solo is all about?. You become the other players and choose the moves for them. But it would not work if the game has two special character roles like Mansions of Madness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.