4 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mutagen question and dead players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello everyone, i have 2 questions that pop out last night. One of them im almost sure it was answered but i cant find. When you have 4 players going and one dies after the objective reveal, will the keeper still keep the 4 tokens, or he gets reduced by the number of players alive in game?

The second question is about the mutagen testing, when it turns the cultist into a byakhee. It dosent say in the card that the cultist is replaced by the new monster, but i assumed it was what happens. What about the mutagen token? Is it also lost during the transformation process?

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loht wrote:
Hello everyone, i have 2 questions that pop out last night. One of them im almost sure it was answered but i cant find. When you have 4 players going and one dies after the objective reveal, will the keeper still keep the 4 tokens, or he gets reduced by the number of players alive in game?

The second question is about the mutagen testing, when it turns the cultist into a byakhee. It dosent say in the card that the cultist is replaced by the new monster, but i assumed it was what happens. What about the mutagen token? Is it also lost during the transformation process?

Thanks!!

q1: Yes, he still receives 4 threat tokens.
q2: interesting. I would say: yes, the mutagen test remains with the beast. I would argue with the rules: you spent your threat token in order to get the mutagen and to use it accordingly. And I could argue "theme-wise": it is carried around, and the transformation of the cultist into the byakhee would not affect what he carries with himself, therefore the mutagen remains with the beast; and since beast and cultist are commadned by dark powers (the Keeper), even the mindless creature knows what to do with it ...

All the best!
Mad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
MaddockKrug wrote:
Loht wrote:

Thanks!!

q1: Yes, he still receives 4 threat tokens.
q2: interesting. I would say: yes, the mutagen test remains with the beast. I would argue with the rules: you spent your threat token in order to get the mutagen and to use it accordingly. And I could argue "theme-wise": it is carried around, and the transformation of the cultist into the byakhee would not affect what he carries with himself, therefore the mutagen remains with the beast; and since beast and cultist are commadned by dark powers (the Keeper), even the mindless creature knows what to do with it ...

All the best!
Mad

Thanks for the quick reply Mad. Thematically yes that could make sense. However the cultist itself cant transform into the new creature, so i assumed that the mutagen token was consumed during this process. However the byakhee can also get a mutagen token with him, and the number of mutagen tokens around can be important later in the game for winning process.. Leaving me with this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the card says otherwise, I would couple mutagen transfer with damage and status transfer.

That is, if a mutated Cultist that has suffered 3 damage and who is stunned get transformed into a Byakhee and keeps the mutagen, then he should also keep the damage and the stun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.