Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph L
United States
South Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an issue with the Group - Wretches card that directs you to move each wretch 2 spaces towards nearest COG and then attack. This wretch attacked and spawned another via omen.

Does the new wretch activate? Page 2 of FAQ indicates that it would, however, Page 11 of the rules states "Group: cards with this trait are resolved once"

So does the wretch activate but not move or attack since the group card ability has already been resolved?

Question #2: Am I allowed to move from level 3 back to the level 2 map? (I'm on China shop and running out of room to maneuver.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question re: Wretch spawning & Group Activation
The card only happens once, but each wretch gets an activation from the card. That's how I interpret it.

Wretches suck. They bring friends and kill you until you die from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that the omen-spawned wretch doesn't attack, since he appears after the AI card resolution (but I might be wrong).

Regarding moving between maps, you can, the doors don't seal after you passed them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Roolz wrote:
I'd say that the omen-spawned wretch doesn't attack, since he appears after the AI card resolution (but I might be wrong).

Regarding moving between maps, you can, the doors don't seal after you passed them...

But as stated, the faq says it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph L
United States
South Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies so far! I'm going to go with the FAQ tendencies for now but would be interested in seeing more responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ always overrides the rules, especially when it addresses the exact situation. The newly-spawned wretch(es) activates.

You can run back to Level 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.