Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paco Jaen
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

I am one of the two co-host of the G*M*S Magazine Podcast with Dr. Mike Reddy and we are looking for a co-host to join us in the show.

The podcast has two editions, an RPG one and a Boardgames one. The RPG has all the hosting sorted, but recently my co-host Lorien Green had to step off because of family and having too much on her plate.

The formula for my podcasts is to have a contribution from both male and female players and designers, so having a female co-host is pretty important to us.

Would anyone be interested in joining us?

Although we're based in the UK, it doesn't really matter where you are as long as we can work out time-zones (they're a pain!).The show is recorded twice a month, usually at weekends, and not a lot of preparation is needed. We mostly just talk games.

There are also interviews and any of the hosts can arrange and join in to interview designers or anyone gaming related that could be of interest. The level of involvement is up to you, but you'd be welcome to get into it as much as you wanted.

The show is also family friendly, so no bad language or disrespectful talk is used. That's not to say we haven't tackled hard topics, but we try to be as sensitive and careful as we can without stopping us from voicing our opinions.

You can listen to some of the episodes in the following link: http://www.gmsmagazine.com/page/podcasts/boardgames-podcast

If you're interested and would like to have a stab at podcasting, please do get in touch. Would be great to hear from you!

All the best,

Paco.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'm a bit too new to the hobby to justify it.

It sounds like fun, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Jaen
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
To be honest, so am I!

Although I have been playing and reading RPGs for over 20 years now, I only got into board games about 4 years ago, so I am learning as I go along.

I am a lot more interested in enthusiasm and a keen eye than tons of experience, so don't let your "newbie" status put you off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leviatham wrote:
don't let your "newbie" status put you off!

I quite agree. In fact, fresh perspectives from such players might be just the ticket!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat I saw the post but wasn't sure how much experience is enough.
I'd love to try contributing to a podcast...but I wasn't sure about the time difference. Or maybe if you ever need guest speakers, from this side of the world, to talk about things like Kickstarter, using games to communicate in another language or ...maybe I can help.

Not sure if I have a radio voice though hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Jaen
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Well, why don't you find out?

There is a tab in the website that allows you to leave a voice message.

Why don't you leave us a message with a quick piece of two or three minutes talking about using games to communicate in another language (subject that I also find fascinating) so you can see how you feel about it.

If you like it, send it and we'll add to the podcast. If you don't like it, you don't have to send it and there is nothing to lose.

This invitation goes to anyone and everyone, btw.

I know making a podcast sounds daunting to start with, but I've gone from having one a month to having one a week, sometimes more. It is addictive and fun!

Oh, and the website's address is www.gmsmagazine.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.