Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it has to be seen to be believed.
So here it is after an attempt at washing them.

Obviously un-playable since the bidding rests on players being able to bid without others knowing what brokers they are using. Well, the orange one with the 3 spots is quite easy to spot!

I reported it to the company on 4th of July and got replacement for the orange red and yellow yet, but not the black ones.

So, so far it is only 3-player games as one does not dare touching the smelly, hideous, couloured from outer space little monsters...

~J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had same problem with yellow/orange and they replaced quickly.

I believe this problem is normally yellow and orange, so they may not have read your email properly and not realised black were mouldy as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naa... Blacks are "out of stock" for now.

but I am hopeful!

~J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
We got our copy on the aftermarket and ended up cleaning them up then repainting. Not too much work, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie
Canada
Calgary, AB /
Dieppe, NB
flag msg tools
badge
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.” ― William G.T. Shedd
mbmbmbmbmb
THERE'S ORANGE BROKERS!? I don't have Orange Brokers! I want Orange Brokers! (I don't want them moldy, though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly 2 months later and still waiting... maybe this week... getting impatient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got them!

hallelujah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Coworker and fellow BGG gamer also has the same problem, with a copy bought this weekend. The yellow ones are simply awful; I've never seen pieces that distressed right out of the box. Even the bags they came in looked like they'd had red dust tossed in for good measure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Coworker and fellow BGG gamer also has the same problem, with a copy bought this weekend. The yellow ones are simply awful; I've never seen pieces that distressed right out of the box. Even the bags they came in looked like they'd had red dust tossed in for good measure.

I just received my copy and had the same problem The orange and yellow brokers are not useable because they have spots and smudges on them. The interiors of the bags also have dusty smudges inside.

UPDATE: Soon after I wrote this reply, I sent an e-mail to the company and got free replacements. They came very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Snell
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I bought a copy recently, and I have the same issue. I sanded mine down and I'm planning on reprinting them. Do you have any suggestions for paint? I was thinking acrylic paint like the ones war hammer minis painters use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we are, years later, and I opened a box of Ys (still available for purchase on Amazon as of this typing) and indeed it has the "problem" cylinders.

So I sent an email to Ystari (following the Contact link from their website), and in less than two weeks, I have in my hands--sent from France at no cost asked of me--a package of clean, beautiful new cylinders.

That is really getting it done. There are some companies you can buy from and have no worries of support down the road. I'm adding Ystari to the list. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"Aint that just the way"
mbmbmbmbmb
And nearly a year after the last post, I acquired an in shrink copy of the Second edition with the mold problem and Ystari was STILL able to send me replacement pieces, free of charge (for the orange and yellow pieces only, but the reds and blacks responded well to some light cleaning).

Now that's support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.