Subject: Arcane Ring question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was looking at some of the posted cards and i noticed on the arcane ring it said wizard only. so there are spells that are exclusive to a spicific mage then?

but if you came out with an alternate wizard he would also be able to use the ring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct! Any Wizard could use that spell, and all other Mage types would be excluded.

There are also spells that are limited by spell school only (Arcane, Holy, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Pope
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
This was done to ad some flavor to the Mages, giving them special spells only they can use. In one respect, these spells are like a choice of customizable abilities for the Mages.

For example, only the Beastmaster can have the Lair spell. The Lair enables him to easily summon animals throughout the game. However, maybe the Beastmaster has a different strategy in mind. If so, he does not need to pick the Lair for his spellbook, he can spend those points on other spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnineage wrote:
Correct! Any Wizard could use that spell, and all other Mage types would be excluded.

There are also spells that are limited by spell school only (Arcane, Holy, etc).

ahhhh very interesting idea. so not only is there Wizard only spells, but for example fire only spells? so only a mage who actually had the fire school could cast it? brilliant idea it adds flavor while still retaining great flexability in spellbook design
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this feature. It not only makes sense thematically, but will also keep people from playing almost the same decks/tactics with different mages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.