Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up in a Tanga package. The rules seem to be as useful as a 1040 booklet in braille pig latin, so I come here to have a couple of things answered.

1) From the look of it, the game looks to be Conversation Barbarossa: I ask a question with the hope that someone will (eventually) give the correct answer. Is that about right?

2) Given that there needs to be two people to guess wrong before the value of the question reaches its peak, why would anyone "buzz in" at one or two points? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
cardshark28800 wrote:
I picked this up in a Tanga package. The rules seem to be as useful as a 1040 booklet in braille pig latin, so I come here to have a couple of things answered.

1) From the look of it, the game looks to be Conversation Barbarossa: I ask a question with the hope that someone will (eventually) give the correct answer. Is that about right?

2) Given that there needs to be two people to guess wrong before the value of the question reaches its peak, why would anyone "buzz in" at one or two points? What am I missing?

Not having played Barbarossa, and not having my copy of Good Question! in front of me, I can't answer #1.

#2, however, is simple:

If I ring in first and answer it correctly, then I get one point. If I wait to ring in third and someone else has already rung in first and answered correctly, then I'd get zero points.

One point is better than zero points.

Again: I don't have the rules in front of me, so there may be a detail I'm overlooking, there. And I also haven't played this in ... hmm ... nearly two and a half years, I think. So take that with a grain of salt.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbarossa is essentially 20 Questions with clay. You sculpt a couple of things, then move your meeple around the board and gather information about what your opponents have made. You score points for a correct guess, but the sculptor gains or loses points on a bell curve such that you lose points for being the first or last things guessed, and those guessed spang in the middle rake in points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.