Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Just wondering the following:

1) What are the dimensions of the officially printed Faction Command Cards?

2) Are there any known sleeves that will fit these cards?

I know that they'll never be shuffled or even really handled all that much, but with nephews like mine, well...better safe than sorry laugh

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
Greetings,

Just wondering the following:

1) What are the dimensions of the officially printed Faction Command Cards?

2) Are there any known sleeves that will fit these cards?

I know that they'll never be shuffled or even really handled all that much, but with nephews like mine, well...better safe than sorry laugh

Cheers!

1) I believe that they are 4.875" x 2.6875" (12.4 cm x 6.8 cm) based on what was provided in the PnP files. However, I'm not sure if the production ones will be card stock or actual cardboard.

2) I doubt it. I don't see any SWAN Panasia Sleeves that event come close. Lamination may be your only option if you decide that they need protection. HOWEVER, if some of the black border around the Faction Command Cards is actually may actually be for bleed. If so, then there are several of the SWAN Panasia Sleeves that may work, depending on the final size of the cut cards: 6*12cm, 6.7*12cm, 7*12cm, 7*12cm (thick). I think the best option is to wait to receive the final production game and then measure them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I guess waiting is the way to go. I don't think it'll be a big enough deal to bother with lamination, but my general rule is that if a component can be sleeved, it should be sleeved. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if the FFG new tarot card size sleeves might work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
I don't know if the FFG new tarot card size sleeves might work?

Ooh, good call. If I'm right about the bleed, then those sleeves (#FFS66) just might work since they are 70 mm x 120 mm. That's a nice option since FFG/FFS sleeves are easier to get in the USA and I use them for most of my other games and REALLY like them. Again, we'll just have to wait and see what the final production size turns out to be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm placing a FFG order to get some of their new square sleeves anyway, so I'll add in a pack of the Tarot sleeves and report back once I get my copy of T&N. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of the game. The factions cards are just card stock and measure 2.75" x 5" (69.5 mm x 126.5 mm). I definitely plan to sleeve them once I can get my hands on some sleeves that will fit them! The best bet is to find a pocket protectors for 3"x5" photographs, recipes, or postcards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
The FFG Tarot sleeves fit perfectly width-wise, but 6mm of the card sticks out length-wise. It works for me though.
The only trouble now is that they will not all fit along the side of the box and need to be placed on top of the cards, but there is enough room between the divider tops and the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb

I am going to try these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Clear-Vinyl-Pockets-Tuff-n-Stuff-...

I will follow-up with a report once I get them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:

I am going to try these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Clear-Vinyl-Pockets-Tuff-n-Stuff-...

I will follow-up with a report once I get them...

Cool. I was thinking about THESE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a few packs of the new FFG Tarot sleeves laying around, so I gave them a shot.

The width is perfect, but the sleeves are 2-3mm too short. Still, they do a much better job of protecting the cards than nothing, and since the cards aren't really being handled much in the game, they're probably adequate for most purposes.

That said, if anyone finds an ideal candidate, keep posting them here. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
@ C. G. : the ones you found look more in line with a card protector and should be more than enough. I think the ones I bought are going to be overkill... like an Ostra Voltura!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback on the vinyl sleeves that came in today: They are heavy duty, great quality sleeves. However, they have a slight boarder that makes them too large to fit into the box. Luckily I have another use for them becasue not fitting into the box is a huge deal breaker for me. I also picked up the ones pointed out by C. G. and I will attempt the sleeved Command card in the box trick and see how it works. I will probably just leave them unsleeved if the second attempt does not work. In reality the Command cards are not really played with any more than a game board and I have yet to attempt sleeving one of those... laugh

I am going to travel with the game next week and discovered something pleasant to avoid destroying the box. The sleeved game fits in its entirety (sans box) into deluxe ccg tins such as this: http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModules/ProductImages/60...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:
@ C. G. : the ones you found look more in line with a card protector and should be more than enough. I think the ones I bought are going to be overkill... like an Ostra Voltura!

I ordered them and will report back when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
Tokhuah wrote:
shigadeyo wrote:
I was thinking about THESE.

I ordered them and will report back when they arrive.

These definitely DID NOT work. They were a good thickness and length, but the height was off by nearly half an inch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.