BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Hey guys, I'm new to the site. (Duluth MN) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Pitoscia
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Anyone around my area? I've never had a chance to really play board games because I dont have too many friends that are into that sort of thing, I'd love to meet a few people and maybe get a chance to play. ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I'm nowhere near you but I just thought I would say a BIG hello and welcome.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Pitoscia
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The Big Bopper wrote:
I'm sorry I'm nowhere near you but I just thought I would say a BIG hello and welcome.thumbsup

Well thank you and hello! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! I, too, am nowhere near Duluth. However--up at the top, under "Misc," is "Find Users," which has an option to put in a zip code, and you might find some gamers that way.

Although hopefully someone will come by and introduce themselves in the meantime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

Jeff is probably the most inter-connected Guy I know, as far as Minnesota gamers are concerned. If he doesn't know of a group, he can at least point you in the right direction:

Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb

Given the population of Duluth, there has to be some gamers up there, they just don't seem to announce themselves much on BGG. You would think UMD would have some groups, too.

Also, you might want to look up "United Geeks of Gaming" in the Metro; might be some contacts there as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up in Duluth and have family there. In fact my brother in law and step sister come down to Convergence every year, and other people I went to college with come down to Con Of The North each year.

There are a couple of shops, though my personal favorites always seem to shut down. I recently heard Collector's Connection has branched off into games as well. By all means, Duluth proves how important it is to support your local shops!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome!

My family and I are actually moving to Duluth in about two weeks and I am looking for a group too. I saw a new game store was opening downtown and I was going to look into that:

http://www.facebook.com/RogueRobotGames

Although I have not seen any board game nights listed there yet. If that does not work out we should meet up sometime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi Lawless
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in town for the day and i called that store. They sounded nice. Open gaming tonight. Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Homan
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Here's 5 GG toward an avatar or microbadge. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thompson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why hello there!

I am in Duluth and always looking for those who want to play games. Send me a meesage if you are still looking for a group to play games with. I will be trying to get some people together this Friday evening.

There are a couple of game stores that cater more toward the Magic and miniatures crowds if that is your thing too.

I look forward to hearing from you and playing a game soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.