Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Valadez
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thought crossed my mind about non-gaming things I use for gaming. I suppose most are pretty routine, like using pennies for counters and the such.

But some maybe not so much. For example: When my daughter was a small baby, I would feed her while playing Magic: The Gathering and stick my cards in the blanket wrapping her between her arm and her body. She was my card holder!

So my question is what's the craziest, most outrageous, most bizarre non-gaming item you've used for any gaming purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to go with the insulated lunch bag that I converted into a travel game bag over three years ago. This bag travels with us almost everywhere. Game nights, picnics, family gatherings, bars, vacations, etc. The craziest though was coming back from Hawaii. We made use of the insulated properties and used it to carry our games and lunch!

This thing is really loaded now! This is a shot taken just a few minutes ago! I really need to make a Geeklist to show everything that is packed in here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi James,

I am a wargamer and generally use 28mm miniatures for which I have a large collection of terrain. A few years ago, I acquired some Foundry 40mm American Civil War figures and the 28mm terrain was too small for these. After having painted them, I was just dying to put them into action and thought of an attack on a Southern mansion; that's where my daughter's dolls house came in, it fitted the part admirably.

So there I am on my day off playing on the floor of the front room with all these wee soldiers fighting over a pink ante-bellum dolls house when I heard a noise at the door, which had been left wide open, only to look up and see my boss standing there wondering if he hadn't made a mistake in hiring me.

Quite honestly, I'd rather had've been caught in bed with a sheep.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
only to look up and see my boss standing there wondering if he hadn't made a mistake in hiring me.

Quite honestly, I'd rather had've been caught in bed with a sheep.

Hey, at least you were present. He was probably wondering if he hadn't made a mistake in hiring the sheep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
Quite honestly, I'd rather had've been caught in bed with a sheep. ...again!

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

FTFY laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
colossus1919 wrote:
So my question is what's the craziest, most outrageous, most bizarre non-gaming item you've used for any gaming purpose?

Not crazy or bizarre, but perhaps on the outrageous side, I have acquired an army field desk that is now solo wargame central for me. It is absolutely thematic for any ground conflict and suits well enough for anything else.

I cannot crank photos of mine at the moment as I am just now retiring from the US Army and all my stuff has been shipped to the opposite coast awaiting my arrival and refurbishment-after-renters of my place there. Here is a stock shot from the inter-webs.

Edit: I use the small seat for holding beverages below table height and have a much more comfortable chair for my posterior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love Army camps desks, but have ALWAYS hated the camp stools; using it as a side table is a great idea!

pmbrill77 wrote:
colossus1919 wrote:

Not crazy or bizarre, but perhaps on the outrageous side, I have acquired an army field desk that is now solo wargame central for me. It is absolutely thematic for any ground conflict and suits well enough for anything else.

I cannot crank photos of mine at the moment as I am just now retiring from the US Army and all my stuff has been shipped to the opposite coast awaiting my arrival and refurbishment-after-renters of my place there. Here is a stock shot from the inter-webs.

Edit: I use the small seat for holding beverages below table height and have a much more comfortable chair for my posterior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.