Hide
6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Additional movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Toivonen
msg tools
I'm not entirely clear on the additional movement rules where you spend fatigue to gain movement points. I would appreciate the help of the community.

It is said in the rules that "a hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move". However, does this mean that:

1. The hero can really move even if the hero takes no movement actions during his turn?

2. Or does it mean that the hero gains the additional movement points (for some other use than actual movement) but still cannot use them for movement without a movement action, therefore being unable to move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can suffer fatigue to move. You do not have to use a Move action to move that way, though you can if you want. For example, your Dwarf has a speed of 3. At the start of your turn, you suffer a fatigue and move one space. Then you declare a move action and move three more spaces. Or he could have declared a n Attack and thenRest. Bth legal.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Toivonen
msg tools
Ok, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
You can suffer fatigue to move. You do not have to use a Move action to move that way, though you can if you want. For example, your Dwarf has a speed of 3. At the start of your turn, you suffer a fatigue and move one space. Then you declare a move action and move three more spaces. Or he could have declared a n Attack and thenRest. Bth legal.

-shnar

Is this confirmed officially? I was, just tonight, reviewing the rulebook in the section on movement and according to what I read, you only get to spend fatigue for additional movement during a move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, p.8 (emphasis by me):
A hero may suffer fatigue to receive additional movement points during his turn. For each fatigue suffered, the hero receives one movement point. If the hero already has fatigue equal to his Stamina, he may not suffer any more fatigue to receive additional movement points (see “Fatigue and Stamina” on page 13). A hero player is not required to perform a move action in order to suffer fatigue to move. During his turn, before or after resolving an action or during a move action, a hero may suffer fatigue to gain movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.