mbmbmbmbmb

Just about 33 minutes ago,
I set out into space.
Robots blew up my planet,
Wearing a human face.
I landed here looking for a map to Earth,
Looks like my plans fell through.
Oh Lords, stuck on ol' Kobol again.

This is the 292nd play-by-forum BSG game at BGG under the new numbering. Thanks as ever to ColtsFan76 for initiating the PBF format; to Orphius for his excellent OpenOffice and GIMP tools, which I will be using; and to GerryRailBaron for curating our excellent image gallery. I'll crib a fair amount of this first post from Timmytoby.

This will be a five-player game with the Pegasus and Exodus expansions. Despite the game title I'm inclined to use all three Exodus modules, but if the players want to do something different we can. This game is by invitation only; the waiting list is maintained at the BSG PBF wiki. The rules of the game are as in the other threads listed there; if this is your first PBF game, please read through at least one to get a feeling for how it works.

Some good additional tips are available here. Things I'd appreciate it if you kept specifically in mind:

1) Please subscribe to this thread and log in at least twice each day. It's fine if real life gets in the way; please let us know if that happens and send conditional orders (COs).

2) On that note, please use COs and standing orders extensively under all circumstances, as they keep the game moving.

3) After Loyalties have been dealt out, all public COs will be ignored in fairness to the hidden Cylons. COs should be sent to me by geekmail. Likewise, please don't contact each other privately about this game. When geekmailing me please include "BSG 292" and your character's name in the subject line.

4) All players must own all game components; this is part of the generous deal Fantasy Flight has given us. I will post card names but not texts.

5) Use Roman print for discussions, italics for flavor text, and boldface for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions or actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail. When bolded actions in the thread and geekmail conflict, the public version wins.

6) Unless I feel the thread discussions warrant it, I will not pause to prompt for Evasive Maneuvers, or for Strategic Planning or Calculations interrupts on Launch Scout or most space combat rolls. (Shots on Heavy Raiders that are about to board Galactica are an exception.) Likewise for OPG uses, Declare Emergency, and other rare occurrences. If you plan to use these interrupts please send a CO.

7) Please make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner at the top. Banners are available here. Use the medium option. If you're mobile or strapped for time please at least list your character name in bold at the top of your post.

I enjoy flavor in the games I play and read. If that's also your preference we have a nice gallery of images available, but don't let that stop you from using your own images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These players have been invited to join. Once we have our five we'll pick the order of play randomly.
* pseudotheistDECLINED
* Darkening_LightACCEPTED
* ackmondualACCEPTED
* TerminusEstACCEPTED
* AeopileDECLINED
* rmsgreyACCEPTED
* sephiroth82EXPIRED
* artadiusEXPIRED
* lolceseDECLINED
* drnlmzaACCEPTED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, provided we do either NC or IN; + CFB and confl. Loy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I passed on two previous invitations because of some busy-ness on my part, but I'll be damned if I let another opportunity pass again.

I'M IN! I'd like to play with all the trimmings. With only 5 players I'd rather not have a Cylon Leader, but wouldn't mind if someone really wanted to play one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminusEst wrote:
I passed on two previous invitations because of some busy-ness on my part, but I'll be damned if I let another opportunity pass again.

I'M IN! I'd like to play with all the trimmings. With only 5 players I'd rather not have a Cylon Leader, but wouldn't mind if someone really wanted to play one.
I've made a request my next game that I play as a CL. If not this time, then next time. I'm willing to pass indefinitely till I can make that pick (assuming it's allowed). I have the same caveat... in 5p games, I won't push unless everyone's OK with it (and even then, I myself am on the fence with a CL in a 5p game).

EDIT: unnecessary clarifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite! I am IN!

I don't mind the destination played both Kobal and IN. Never played NC so i'll have to brush up on the rules if we do. I'm not a fan of Cylon Leader in a 5 player game but I will go with the majority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd favour Ionian Nebula, CFB and Conflicted Loyalties from Exodus I'm happy to include Pegasus components, and reluctant but prepared to accept a Cylon Leader (if we had a 6th player, I'd be happy to have a Leader)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Stratton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, but late next week I'll be away from computers for a few days - so I'd prefer to start my next BSG PBF after I return from vacation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Aeopile wrote:
Thanks for the invite, but late next week I'll be away from computers for a few days - so I'd prefer to start my next BSG PBF after I return from vacation.

Thanks for replying and enjoy your vacation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We'll start as soon as we line up our fifth player—promise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

In the interests adequately warning people, I'll be a little slow to respond from the 9th-12th of August, as that's a long weekend here and there's a local gaming con on.

(edit: Fix dates)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drnlmza wrote:
I'm in.

In the interests adequately warning people, I'll be a little slow to respond from the 9th-12th of August, as that's a long weekend here and there's a local gaming con on.

(edit: Fix dates)

I'll be a little slow to respond that Saturday too - local board-gaming session from 10am to something vaguely resembling midnight. And again second Saturday of September. Last Saturday of August, I'll again be gaming, but only 4:30pm until past midnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Another speedy South African to the rescue! We have our five. Consensus seems to favor using all Exodus modules, so let's do that. The majority also seems to be against using a Cylon Leader, but I'll leave the decision of how to handle it to the players.

Let's roll for turn order.
Darkening_Light 1d100 = (41) = 41
ackmondual 1d100 = (85) = 85
TerminusEst 1d100 = (29) = 29
rmsgrey 1d100 = (69) = 69
drnlmza 1d100 = (36) = 36

Turn order is:
ackmondual
rmsgrey
Darkening_Light
drnlmza
TerminusEst

ackmondual, please pick any character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 161637. Dranaden
  • 1d100 =
  • (41) =
  • Darkening_Light
  • Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 161638. Dranaden
  • 1d100 =
  • (85) =
  • ackmondual
  • Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 161639. Dranaden
  • 1d100 =
  • (29) =
  • TerminusEst
  • [+]
  • 161640. Dranaden
  • 1d100 =
  • (69) =
  • rmsgrey
  • [+]
  • 161641. Dranaden
  • 1d100 =
  • (36) =
  • drnlmza
  • Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you both for the advance notice! Other players might lose track, so additional reminders right before your absences would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been picking different characters all along, may as well continue with that trend...

I'll pick Dee

Woohoo! So far I've got all 3 titles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, rmsgrey chooses Baltar. Darkening_Light, you're up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will pick Cain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Lt. Louanne "Kat" Katraine, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkening_Light wrote:
I will pick Cain

Are you starting on Pegasus or Galactica? (I believe Cain can opt to start in Command even when Pegasus is in play)

People of the fleet, as President-elect, it is my duty and my honor to welcome Admiral Cain to the fleet. Since all higher-ranked military officers are confirmed among the dead, she will be in overall command of all military personnel. I understand that, until any surviving pilots report in, she will also be acting-CAG, relieving our overworked communications officer of the remaining burden of command. While we wait to discover whether any members of the late President Adar's cabinet are among the survivors, I would like to thank Petty-Officer Dualla for her tireless efforts to rally our ragtag fleet, and assure you all that, should the role of President fall to me, I will dedicate the full powers of my office to supporting the military in their task of safeguarding us all as we seek a new home.

Edit: only just ninja'ed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rmsgrey wrote:

Are you starting on Pegasus or Galactica? (I believe Cain can opt to start in Command even when Pegasus is in play)

Yes I will start in Pegasus CIC. We might s well have someone over there even if I will most likely be blown out the sky soon enough.

EDIT: Edited for my shiny new admiral banner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Baltar, Cain, and Kat all in charge of the fleet? This can't possibly end well. Let's see if I can't bring some sanity to this madhouse.

I choose Apollo. I'll start in Sector 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminusEst wrote:
Baltar, Cain, and Kat all in charge of the fleet? This can't possibly end well. Let's see if I can't bring some sanity to this madhouse.

I choose Apollo. I'll start in Sector 5.

Suddenly I have this itchy feeling between my shoulder-blades - like there's someone two accidents away from wielding supreme power over the entire fleet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Little
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Baltar is President. Cain is Admiral. Apollo is CAG. Loyalty has gone out. Once we have everyone's initial draws we can get underway!

Initial Draw wrote:

Initial Draw

Dee: 1 Leadership, 3 Tactics, 1 Engineering
Baltar: 2 Politics, 1 Leadership
Cain:
Kat: 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Piloting
Apollo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Papps
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Initial Draw wrote:

Initial Draw

Dee: 1 Leadership, 3 Tactics, 1 Engineering
Baltar: 2 Politics, 1 Leadership
Cain: 2 Leadership , 1 Tactics
Kat: 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Piloting
Apollo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By my count, our crew's draw currently looks like:

Politics: 2-4
Leadership: 5-8
Tactics: 8-9
Piloting: 4
Engineering: 2
+ Baltar's delusions

Clearly we have little time for internal politics, but with all that tactical skill around, what could possibly go wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.