Subject: Political cards with Assembly II rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfonso Velasco
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Shattered Empires you can spend political cards as trade goods with Assembly. Is it aplicable to Assembly II from Shards of throne too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
The footnote wasn't copied and pasted between the rulebooks, I guess.

I kind of took it as that footnote was associated with having a hand of PCs and the Assembly SC (not limited to Assembly I).

If one had the Shards expansion, but not Shattered Empire, they would not know of that footnote, but the Assembly II SC is also incompatible with the base-game SCs, implying that you need the Shattered Empire expansion to use Assembly II.

It's a house rule one way or another, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a few different groups we've played a house rule that PC's can always be used as a trade good. It seems to work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Napoleon Bonaparte
msg tools
mbmb
It is a good and important rule because else you have so many cards you will NEVER play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NoxMortem wrote:
It is a good and important rule because else you have so many cards you will NEVER play.

I don't agree with that. I think it's a poor and unfortunate rule because it gives an incentive to NOT play them as agendas.

Not allowing PCs to be spent as trade goods is a rather common house rule. Some groups instead allow you to trade in two PC's for a new one at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Napoleon Bonaparte
msg tools
mbmb
You start with Players * 2 PC in game, you can draw 1 PC with burocracy each round. Therefore in a 6 player game in 2/3 of all cases you will get one PC and in 2/3 of all cases one player will play one. Therefore if you would NEVER draw PC at all you got PC for 12 rounds which is very much for TI3.

I think this rule is necessary and good. I never saw a round where no PC was available to play and even if it would have been so there would have been a random drawn one. You give up a lot of control with that and it really can hurt you. I really always love to have 1 PC i dont care and 1 really want for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.