Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Summoner Wars (2012)» Forums » General

Subject: Precision on the Phoenix Elf Summoner, but only two hits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(Assuming it is ok to post iOS related rules questions here . . .)

I played a Precision event card on my Phoenix Elf Summoner. He normally rolls three dice. When he attcked he only inflicted 2 hits?

Why not three? Am I missing something?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably used his special ability (two hits on a card within 2 spaces) by accident.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You accidentally used his special ability instead of his normal attack. His special ability automatically does 2 wounds to a card within 2 clear straight line spaces.

To use his normal attack, drag from the left side of the card (a "3" will be under your finger). For the special ability, drag from the right side of the card (the glowing character image)... an "S" will be under your finger.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to VGG Summoner Wars forums
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that is probably it. Thanks guys. And I would have won too.

Thanks admin for the move as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider the brown stack more difficult because there is a larger swing in abilities. Fighting a medusa, crypt wurm, gargoyle or werewolf each require quite different strategies.

In the purple stack, apart from the golems, what you need to kill the ennemies is largely the same. If they're in a mage tower you usually know what you're up against and otherwise a healthy dose of ranged attack will do the trick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:
I consider the brown stack more difficult because there is a larger swing in abilities. Fighting a medusa, crypt wurm, gargoyle or werewolf each require quite different strategies.

In the purple stack, apart from the golems, what you need to kill the ennemies is largely the same. If they're in a mage tower you usually know what you're up against and otherwise a healthy dose of ranged attack will do the trick.


???
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
Ah, that is probably it. Thanks guys. And I would have won too.

Thanks admin for the move as well.


I'm hoping they add a confirmation message before using an ability for the iPhone version of the game. Grabbing the correct card side is easy on the iPad, but on the phone it's a very easy mistake to make.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made that mistake myself with some MAJOR bad consequences as a result. It has been the difference between killing a Champion and letting the Champion have another crack at me. With only four life, that can be the difference between winning and losing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
www_Mischraum_de wrote:
Tekar wrote:
I consider the brown stack more difficult because there is a larger swing in abilities. Fighting a medusa, crypt wurm, gargoyle or werewolf each require quite different strategies.

In the purple stack, apart from the golems, what you need to kill the ennemies is largely the same. If they're in a mage tower you usually know what you're up against and otherwise a healthy dose of ranged attack will do the trick.


???


I'm sure that made a lot of sense... just not in this thread. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
You accidentally used his special ability instead of his normal attack. His special ability automatically does 2 wounds to a card within 2 clear straight line spaces.

To use his normal attack, drag from the left side of the card (a "3" will be under your finger). For the special ability, drag from the right side of the card (the glowing character image)... an "S" will be under your finger.


That is an incredibly useful gameplay tip for something that has been baffling the hell out of me


Quote:
I consider the brown stack more difficult because there is a larger swing in abilities. Fighting a medusa, crypt wurm, gargoyle or werewolf each require quite different strategies.

Someone was looking for the Mage Knight board game forum
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.