Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Gaming Black Holes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
It seems that Campbell River, British Columbia (on Vancouver Island) is a gaming black hole!!! There are few if any bggeeks that I can find from this area. I did find one but she had not posted anything on here since 2005!!!

I have posted in the regional forum asking if anyone wants to game when I am in town (my family go to Campbell River annually). Three years...three years of no replies! This means that it is gateway and filler central when we go there - no 'serious' gaming. The relatives we visit are up for a game of TtR, Coloretto, and No Thanks! but not much beyond that...

There is a model train store that sells a limited selection of games (got No Thanks! there last year) but I think within a couple of years those games might be swallowed by the regional black hole.

Do any of you know of any other areas that are gaming black holes???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully Tucson is a bright white hilltop when it comes to games.

Happy gaming to you, my friend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found another game store that let's people play games there. devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Clive65 wrote:
Do any of you know of any other areas that are gaming black holes???
My house, up until 8:00 PM.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cameron
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Antarctica is interesting. There are only 850 gamers, yet they comprise 68% of the population. So, is it a gaming black hole?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
Thankfully Tucson is a bright white hilltop when it comes to games.

Happy gaming to you, my friend.


Hope you are having a great summer David!!! My best to your family.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Yuma
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain...SW Kansas is a gaming black hole too...zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gearhead wrote:
I feel your pain...SW Kansas is a gaming black hole too...zombie

I'm thinking my next big road trip will be BGG themed with stops in small towns to play & complete trades.

PS. I lived in Liberal, Kansas as a kid. We'd go to Garden City to shop cause they had a real Sears store, not just a catalogue store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Yuma
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I like day-tripping to Liberal once in a while.

With the addition of Walmart and Sam's Club in Garden, Sears and JC Penny really took a hit and aren't such nice stores anymore : (

Garden's a great town, but the gaming scene is my work in progress. There's just not much here.

Anytime you're coming through Garden, you're welcome to let me know and maybe we can set up some time to game.

Dennis
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy is a gaming balck hole. Is it STILL his turn...
6 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
My buddy is a gaming balck hole. Is it STILL his turn...


that was gold!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Anderson
Canada
flag msg tools
Clive65 wrote:
Hi
It seems that Campbell River, British Columbia (on Vancouver Island) is a gaming black hole!!! There are few if any bggeeks that I can find from this area. I did find one but she had not posted anything on here since 2005!!!

I have posted in the regional forum asking if anyone wants to game when I am in town (my family go to Campbell River annually). Three years...three years of no replies! This means that it is gateway and filler central when we go there - no 'serious' gaming. The relatives we visit are up for a game of TtR, Coloretto, and No Thanks! but not much beyond that...

There is a model train store that sells a limited selection of games (got No Thanks! there last year) but I think within a couple of years those games might be swallowed by the regional black hole.

Do any of you know of any other areas that are gaming black holes???


We are fixing it Clive, filling the hole with cardboard boxes from our distributor
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.