Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does a leader prevent himself from uniting his own kingdom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the is only one leader of a kingdom, and there is a space that would combine that kingdom with another, can the leader move to that space? Or would you have to spend an action to pull him off the board, and another to put him where you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elcomadreja2 wrote:
If the is only one leader of a kingdom, and there is a space that would combine that kingdom with another, can the leader move to that space? Or would you have to spend an action to pull him off the board, and another to put him where you want?

1 = leader 1
2 = leader 2
O = tile

1OOO_OOO2

'1' moves into the empty space denoted by '_'

OOO1OOO2

So does that take 2 actions (remove then place) or just 1 action (straight up move)? I'm going to say the the latter. When leader 1 leaves, he's leaving behind a region, not a kingdom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right only one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
elcomadreja2 wrote:

1 = leader 1
2 = leader 2
O = tile

1OOO_OOO2

OOO1OOO2

So does that take 2 actions (remove then place) or just 1 action (straight up move)? I'm going to say the the latter. When leader 1 leaves, he's leaving behind a region, not a kingdom

Are you even allowed to unite regions with a leader? I thought tiles did all the uniting.
Maybe it's only kingdoms that can't be united with leaders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjeyhmis wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
elcomadreja2 wrote:

1 = leader 1
2 = leader 2
O = tile

1OOO_OOO2

OOO1OOO2

Are you even allowed to unite regions with a leader? I thought tiles did all the uniting.
Maybe it's only kingdoms that can't be united with leaders?

Only kingdoms, one can incorporate stray tiles with a leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
elcomadreja2 wrote:

1 = leader 1
2 = leader 2
O = tile

1OOO_OOO2

OOO1OOO2

To finish this off, if the kingdom that 1 originally belonged to also had leader 3 in it, this move would not work since it would remain a kingdom during the move instead of reverting to a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Hoffman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this thread is also very confusing for me, as the rules states that leaders may not be used to join kingdoms, must only be placed next to a temple, and cannot be placed on a river. So the move your suggesting is against the rules. Or has there been a revision that I'm not aware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
flowman wrote:
this thread is also very confusing for me, as the rules states that leaders may not be used to join kingdoms, must only be placed next to a temple, and cannot be placed on a river. So the move your suggesting is against the rules. Or has there been a revision that I'm not aware of?

A kingdom is a group of tiles with at least one leader.

In this described scenario, while there were 2 kingdoms before the move, the leader is considered to have left the board for an instant before he is placed in his new location. And in this case, that resulted in his former 'kingdom' (a group of tiles with one or more leaders) becoming just a 'region' (a group of tiles with no leader). And it's perfectly legal to place a leader to join a kingdom with a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to get this straight. A leader may never be placed (either positioned or repositioned) in a way that would unite two (or more) Kingdoms (any set of contiguous tiles with at least one leader included). However, a leader may be placed in such a way as to unite a Kingdom and a Region (any set of contiguous tiles with no leaders included) or even two or more Regions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Just to get this straight. A leader may never be placed (either positioned or repositioned) in a way that would unite two (or more) Kingdoms (any set of contiguous tiles with at least one leader included). However, a leader may be placed in such a way as to unite a Kingdom and a Region (any set of contiguous tiles with no leaders included) or even two or more Regions?

You are correct on both counts. Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Gingerich
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re: Does a leader prevent himself from uniting his own kingdom?"
I thought the rule was leaders may not unite unify with a kingdom. Otherwise you could set up a conflict without a unification tile, and everything in the rules and examples seem to deny this.

But, come to think of it, this could be considered an internal conflict. Guess I really need access to the rules...modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.