Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

My final game of the evening was up against Julian, Roger and Chris. We raided Mik's variants (okay, they are not Mik's but Mik supplied them in an issue of Games Games Games), namely:

* pay two to place the face up tile on the bottom of the pile.

* auctioneer does not have to make the first bid.
you may choose to take two thalers instead of rolling the dice.

* plus our own: you may sabotage any player, and must roll over their shields for it to be successful - can be negotiated.

Chris got some early Gates down and was soon rolling in income. Cities were progressing nicely when I broke my own rule by bidding fourth on a hidden tile and of course, it ended up being the corner tower I already owned - for four thalers!

I responsed by attempting sabotage against Roger, right after he'd picked up 7 thalers. He bought off my attack for 4 thalers which was what I was hoping for all along. All this didn't really matter, because while I was busy rotating the face up tile to extend the game and finish my puny city, Julian was building a majestic metropolis. Roger picked up a needed tile but then realised he couldn't play it at the end of the game (he can only play three tiles at the end of the game, he was holding four).

When the game ended, Chris had about 30 thalers sitting behind his screen, is this some sort of record!?

Scores:
Julian: 40 + 10 (Towers, Churches) - 1 = 49
Chris: 28 + 20 (Towers, Town Hall, Churches) = 48
Doug: 33 + 10 (Towers, Churches) - 1 = 42
Roger: 35 + 10 (Towers, Churches) - 3 = 42

High scoring game, and closer than I thought.
Doug's rating: 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.