Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Litko just announced these Orbital Markers for Eclipse. Am I drawing a blank or, what are these for? An expansion race???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are a replacement for the cardboard chits that serve the same function and come with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been an image released of an expansion race that uses Orbitals in a unique way, but it seems like these markers could be used for regular orbitals if you wanted as well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Those look.. awful. And why 5? And $11? Ewhh. Rather have the chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Peters Unrau
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are probably for use as upgrades for the cardboard Orbital tiles that came with the original game.

Edit: Guess I need to type faster... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
Those look.. awful. And why 5? And $11? Ewhh. Rather have the chits.

I'm not that impressed...I'd rather find some other miniature to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for them. Also a bit expensive for what you get. I do like their Monolith ones though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...I have the Monoliths and Starbase replacements and like them both, but these not so much. They would at least need a reminder that they are pink/orange friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galfridus wrote:
Yeah...I have the Monoliths and Starbase replacements and like them both, but these not so much. They would at least need a reminder that they are pink/orange friendly.

I agree with you, but also think that orbital tech is the worst tech in the game (although not completely worthless).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
galfridus wrote:

I agree with you, but also think that orbital tech is the worst tech in the game (although not completely worthless).

All the more reason to have cool-looking replacements...other players will hopefully be tempted into buying them. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't the building-like bumps and juts go on the inside of the orbital, Ring World-style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cosgrove
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Lol, well, from my other post, obviously I like them

I actually agree with all the comments about the cities being on the inside of the ring, but I think that would be almost impossible for Litko to do well with a flat laser and a small disc of plastic. Because the space on the inside condenses, you need very sparse cities or very thin cities (which would be a cutting nightmare).

For me, it well and truly gets the point across in style, importantly style that's similar to their other bits which I'm using to spruce things up a bit. It looks like it's from the same cut as the ships and spaceports, which I'll also put on flight stands.

I'll probably paint mine grey with a quick dry brush though.

And seriously, I think the spot for the pop cube is cool!

I definitely think this is the best looking and best value option for these guys on the market... I spent 5 hours looking for alternatives before I emailed them in the first place

- Omni
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.