Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

1st & Goal» Forums » General

Subject: Do the expansion teams resemble the NFL Teams? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Autumn Gamer is a pirate, Blustering in from sea, With a rollocking song, he sweeps along, Swaggering boisterously. The Autumn Gamer is a raider, Pillaging just for fun. He'll knock you 'round and upside down, And laugh when he's conquered and won.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. Is it a copyright issue and it's like you are giving the Ravens the name Leopards or whatever? Or is it that you will be able to "find" a team that somehow resembles your imagination of a certain NFl team (like, continuing with the Ravens, great def, over average run, below average pass)? Or is it more or less impossible?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celdorad wrote:
I don't know. Is it a copyright issue and it's like you are giving the Ravens the name Leopards or whatever? Or is it that you will be able to "find" a team that somehow resembles your imagination of a certain NFl team (like, continuing with the Ravens, great def, over average run, below average pass)? Or is it more or less impossible?
This topic has been discussed in multiple threads before (including the posting of spreadsheets), so I'll give you the quick summary:

Between all 24 teams in the DFL, you can find just about any combination of run, pass and defense, as long as they're all relatively balanced. That being said, there is no set of parallels between DFL teams and NFL teams, for several reasons, the two most prominent being:
1) NFL teams change from year to year. A team might shift its priorities, or a significant change in personnel might raise or lower its relative quality in an area.
2) Some NFL teams are JUST BETTER THAN OTHERS. Unfortunate, especially for the fans of those teams that fall under "others," but true. The teams in the DFL, on the other hand, are meant to be balanced with each other; because you have a choice in who you're playing, if there was one team that was just flat-out BAD, the only reason to play that team would be to play as a significant underdog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can get play teams ranked similiar to the nfl teams. there is a chart in the files. If this game is a hit with my play group (comes in thursday) I play to buy expansion and just label them as the nfl team they closely rank with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.