Tom Grant
United States
Washington
DC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, through a combination of moving across country, failing to notice that I had created duplicate accounts at the MMP website, credit cards expiring, and generally losing track of my pre-orders, I managed to make a pig's breakfast out of my list of games that I had pre-ordered from Multiman Publishing. I noticed it when I saw people talking about Angola being out. "Hey, I pre-ordered that! Where's my copy?"

Vicki at MMP was very patient with me. I had no idea about the duplicate accounts, so the first step was consolidating the pre-orders and entering the new credit card info. There was a glitch in my mailing address, however. They sent the right game to my new home in Washington, DC, but the name on the package was a different MMP customer. My daughter refused delivery, since she didn't know any Joe Dokes (not his real name), and the package went back.

Vicki quickly sorted out that issue, which unfortunately had also affected delivery of Kingdom of Heaven. The packages with the right name arrived promptly, and I'm now happily leafing through the rulebooks of both games.

While I might grumble out about MMP's web site, which made it easy to create duplicate accounts, or the wrong name on my packages, which is a significant goof, I certainly bear the bulk of responsibility for this mess. That's why I'm very happy that I was dealing with a customer service rep who quickly sorted out the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here for mis-printed countersheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myk Deans
United States
Rotonda West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll add my thumbs up for MMP and Vicki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never needed to use MMP's customer service (which in and of itself speaks well of them) but it's always nice to know that should the need arise I can expect this level of service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
I've never needed to use MMP's customer service (which in and of itself speaks well of them) but it's always nice to know that should the need arise I can expect this level of service.

I've had to use it once. It was somewhat difficult to actually contact them (I believe it happened to line up with a big event of some sort), but once in contact everything went swimmingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Henry Thripshaw
United States
Pacific NW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also always had exceptional service from MMP. My most recent example was the new action pack Roads Through Rome that I purchased from Gamer's Armory. One of the maps had ink streaks. I emailed with an explanation and a picture of the misprinted map and they had a new one out to me (in hand) in less than a week.

To me, they have superior customer service and deserve praise in this area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had recourse to MMP's customer service twice: Once for a badly aligned counter sheet (and looking again recently, I'm going to ask for a replacement for another one, though it's not so essential ), and once for a ASLRB binder that came with a bad ring. Service was prompt and generous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've have had great service as well from MMP.

I know there are the occasional threads that come up with various grumbles around MMP's ability to execute on their P500 list but I find this sort of grumbling short sighted.

MMP has been around for quite some time putting out exceptionally high quality products that put all but GMT to shame. I would suggest that this is exactly what we all want because the alternative is a business that focuses on quantity over quality or places the business at greater risk.

I don't want MMP to CHANGE A SINGLE THING!

Lest we all forget, AH use to put out fewer games a years of arguably poorer quality during the golden age of wargaming. We all seemed to survive that time quite well thank you very much.

(edit for spelling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.