Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Come join us Saturday August 25th from 10 am to 7 pm for a day of board gaming! This is a free open gaming event, and we welcome new gamers. Gateway games, fillers, dexterity games, strategy games, and war games will be available to play, but please bring your favorite as well! There will be snacks and feel free to bring food, but please no alcoholic drinks or game-unfriendly food (e.g., Cheetos).

Please note that we've moved to a new location: the Wright Math Building on the Centenary College campus in Shreveport. While there is no street number on the building, you can find it at 2907 Woodlawn Avenue in Shreveport (Google maps link is http://goo.gl/maps/FM5S). Please note that we are just south of where Woodlawn is dead ended --- you have to enter the street from Kings Highway.

In the weeks to come, there will be a geeklist to track who wants to play what. You can also track the event on facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/shrevegameday) or on twitter ( http://twitter.com/shrevegameday). You can geekmail me with questions, or post here, or RSVP on our facebook page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have some free games to give away at the next board game day. These are from a Centenary professor who left town and wanted to leave some games to people who will play them, not put them up for auction or trade.

The games are: Squad Leader, Cross of Iron, G.I. Anvil of Victory, Crescendo of Doom, Origins of World War II, Alexander the Great, Imperium, and what appears to be several chit trays of Squad Leader stuff. Everything is well used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Coconut Creek
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are these going to be doled out? First come first served? I'm interested in all of these (except Origins of WWII, which I already have).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll consider that "dibs". (But, of course, be sure to come by to pick them up!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Coconut Creek
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I won't be able to make it until I get off work at 3, but I'll there right after that. How late is it going to run this time? Never mind, I re-read the original post and see that it ends at 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Johnathan is a deserving recipient of the SL stuff. The GI Anvil of Victory is an especially good and difficult find.

I'm also interested in Imperium and Origins of WWII if I can get some of the scraps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Juhala
United States
Lake Charles
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great I just got the green light from the wife and we will be coming up form Lake Charles to join you.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
GordoMG wrote:
I think Johnathan is a deserving recipient of the SL stuff. The GI Anvil of Victory is an especially good and difficult find.

I'm also interested in Imperium and Origins of WWII if I can get some of the scraps.

I think you and Jonathan should fight it out for the games over Twilight Struggle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
The geeklist Games you want to play at Shreveport Bossier Board Game Day (8/25/12) is now up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll lose. Johnathan is much better at TS than I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since
Mark Goadrich
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has some games he'd like to trade away, we will have a trading table this Saturday. Come bring some games you're not crazy about and see if you can find some you are crazy about!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
A list of the games we played is up at Games played at Shreveport Bossier Board Game Day (8/25).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaks again for hosting Mark. A great success as always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're following this thread, the announcement for the next board game day is up: Shreveport Bossier Board Game Day (12/8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.