Subject: refill questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombro Dickus
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Ok, the refill arrow means refill if it's empty, and the ones with () stuff means refill if the non () thing did not get taken.

Do you add to it if the last turn's stuff is still there?

example:

the "one stone" refill. First turn, nobody takes it. Second turn, do you add one stone?

thanks
Sab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You "refill" the spaces with the arrows each turn, even if they are not empty. So in actual practice, they will not always be refills. This allows resources to build up over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, just to make sure you got the semantics of the () right:
- If you place one of your action tokens on an arrow field, take everything that's there (even different resources/animals).
- When refilling, place the "non () thing" on the field only if the field is empty.
- If the field is not empty upon refilling (= hasn't been used in the last round), put the thing inside the () there.

So on the reed/sheep field, there can be at most one reed and up to seven sheep. There can be no sheep on it unless there is the one reed.

(One reed to rule them all...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombro Dickus
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks tons for the help. Me and my wife like the game!
Sab
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to resurrect a four year old thread, but my question is relevant to the original subject.

The one space that gives one wood, one stone and one reed - does this space NEVER get refilled? So, once someone takes those goods, the space remains empty and useless for the remainder of the game?

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's not correct. That space always just gives one of each of those resources, even if the space wasn't used last round.

Edited to clarify: and if the space was used last round, it still gives those resources; one of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jglazier wrote:
Sorry to resurrect a four year old thread, but my question is relevant to the original subject.

The one space that gives one wood, one stone and one reed - does this space NEVER get refilled? So, once someone takes those goods, the space remains empty and useless for the remainder of the game?

Is that correct?

You don't place the three resources on it ever - so it never needs refilling. If someone goes on the space they then take a wood, stone and reed from the supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Chris and Kim. You both explain it perfectly. We were just being dumb. It is still sort of confusing, since it doesn't have an arrow, so it seems like it doesn't refill. But, I get it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! I'd think of the arrows not as refills, but as prompts to add resources to the relevant spaces at the start of each round, regardless of whether the space had been used previously.

As Kim succinctly put it, for the spaces without arrows you draw directly from the supply (rather than the spaces themselves) when you place workers on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jglazier wrote:
Thank you Chris and Kim. You both explain it perfectly. We were just being dumb. It is still sort of confusing, since it doesn't have an arrow, so it seems like it doesn't refill. But, I get it now.

An action space with an arrow tells you that the good(s) are added to the space each round, no matter what. So even if no one took 3 wood last round, you still add three wood at the beginning of the new round, for a total of 6 wood to whoever takes the action.

This is distinct from the wood stone reed space, which will always give a player exactly 1 wood, 1 stone, and 1 reed.

It probably makes more sense if you think of arrow spaces as "accumulating" rather than "refilling".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.