Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone other than valley games make replacement dice for C&C:A? The VG ones are wooden, and I'm sure I recall reading somewhere there were plastic ones available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where you might have read that.

For me, I found some blank dice that are smaller than what comes with CCA and larger (and much heavier) than the VG dice and put the dice stickers on those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
I'm sure I recall reading somewhere there were plastic ones available.

I only know of the two flavours coming with the 1st edition base game (hollow) and 2nd/3rd edition and 1st expansion (solid), the Valley Games dice (which I use) and these beauties:
(unfortunately they are not for sale)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Briggs
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the above picture of the custom dice were posted here the first time, I contacted a few custom dice makers on the internet. One of them said he could make the above dice but the price would be about thirty to forty dollars a set of seven. And that would be with multiple sets. I found that it is almost impossible to get one set of seven dice made at a resonable price.

I'm having a very good result with VG's wooden dice by spraying them with clear acrylic paint. They are holding up very well and the design on the symbols is not wearing at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atilla66 wrote:
[q="ThomasAH"]

No!!!!

I want those dice. Go figure. The best looking dice are not for sale.cry

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
Does anyone other than valley games make replacement dice for C&C:A? The VG ones are wooden, and I'm sure I recall reading somewhere there were plastic ones available.

Matt
I came across this website a while back. Maybe they can help at £1 a die. Not sure about colour symbols but worth a look [geekurl=http://www.warbases.co.uk/custom-dice/4566752300]Warbases[/geekurl]
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morti wrote:
MattDP wrote:

Matt
I came across this website a while back. Maybe they can help at £1 a die. Not sure about colour symbols but worth a look [geekurl=http://www.warbases.co.uk/custom-dice/4566752300]Warbases[/geekurl]
Dave

They look the biz! I'm not sure if they can do the job but have contacted them anyway to see. Still, a very useful resources- have from GG for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattDP wrote:
morti wrote:
MattDP wrote:

Matt
Dave

They look the biz! I'm not sure if they can do the job but have contacted them anyway to see. Still, a very useful resources- have from GG for the tip.

Cheers Matt. We will have to have a game of C&CA one night at the club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Berry
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Just in case anyone hasn't seen this yet from my other posts....

I have launched a Kickstarter for custom Ancients dice here!
[url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1817376224/commands-and...
[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.