Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce that myself and a few helpful volunteers will be running the third Great Canadian Board Game Blitz Finals Championship and fourth blitz at FanExpo, on Sunday August 26th (starting time 11am). The winners will receive prizes and the 1st place player will be crowned The Great Canadian Champion of 2011-2012.

The tournament format details are available from our web site (see link above). In short, the GCBGB is a multi-round non-elimination tournament featuring Euro-style board games. Even if you don't know the rules, that's OK: we'll teach the game to you. In fact, many of our players participate simply to learn new games and meet new people.

To participate, all you need to do is have a valid FanExpo pass for Sunday and show up in the gaming room (edit: we'll be in room 718). When you get there, look for a tower of board games (see image at the end of this post).

There is no additional entry fee to participate in this event. We will have 32 spots available. Since this is the finals, champions from blitzes we have run from all over Canada will be coming to play for their chance to win at the finals. But, very importantly, this event is open to everyone! If you would like to ensure that you will have a spot, then please send us an email and we'll gladly hold it for you.

This third season (Sep 2011 - Aug 2012), 15 different volunteers and coordinators will have run a record 18 blitzes across Canada, from Victoria, BC all the way to Halifax, NS and everywhere between. Our attendance has hit an average of more than 20 participants per event including a mind-blowing 45 participants at Game Summit in February.

One last thing. If you did not have that chance to participate in a local blitz this year to try for a FanExpo pass, I've got good news.. there is still time! Andrew Drummond is running the Last Chance Blitz at Hobby Kingdom in Burlington on August 11th.

So.... with that, I say... "Game On" and hope to see you at FanExpo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting some early sign-ups quicker than I expected, so I'll maintain a sign-up list. We're already up to 8 people!

http://www.gcbgb.ca/signups-finals-fanexpo2012.php

Don't forget.. there is also a blitz happening at Hobby Kingdom in Burlington on August 11th! The winner of that blitz will get a free Sunday pass to FanExpo to pariticipate in the finals!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladies, Gents,

An update!

We have a games list:

http://www.gcbgb.ca/GamesList-FinalsAug2012.pdf

..... and there was much rejoicing!

We still have 12 spots left., but... we have 20 people signed up!

..... and there was more rejoicing! meeple

Also, contrary to what FanExpo's gaming schedule would have you believe, we're starting at ELEVEN AM (11am). Not midnight. Not even Noon. But, one and one to make 11.

Here are some random emoticons!

devil zombie robot goo kiss

..... and there was even more rejoicing!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to say...

The GCBGB is starting at 11 AM... not noon... and certainly not midnight. You might be wondering why I'm yelling! Maybe I like yelling.. ever think of that?... but no, that's not why. It's because the FanExpo Gaming Schedule has us down for the wrong time! But since you read this whole thing, you are now informed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
See you at midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin mohareb
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's okay, the right time is on the Guidebook.

Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Lanctot
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Men and gentle ladies,

It's official. FanExpo is now underway!!

I just wanted to let you know that we have confirmed over $150 worth of prize support from our sponsors FunGamesCafe! They have a booth (#1400) at the show the entire weekend, so be sure to check them out in the vendor area!! The prizes will go to the top three ranked players and we will be drawing three random door prizes.

We are up to 26 participants but still have room for 6 more!

http://www.gcbgb.ca/signups-finals-fanexpo2012.php

You can also come to play without signing up, but if you want to make sure that you get a spot please contact us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.