Ismael Kenig
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Pals!

Trying to play for the first time. Here are the questions

Can the Free People player opt (in a single turn or turn after turn during several turns) to not move or not declare the position of the fellowship? In this case, may the Shadow Player choose to not allocate any die in the hunt pool (even if there is no dice)?

If the FP player uses just one character die to move the fellowship, does this single die go to the hunt pool? Or is just from the second and forth dice in the same turn?

If the FP player do not move the fellowship during this turn, in the next one does the Shadow player retrieve the hunt's pool dice or these dice stays there indefinitely until the fellowship moves again? In this case, can the SP lose all his action dice due to many eye rolls? If it is the case, what it would be the solution? When does the SP retrieve the hunt's pool dice? Is it a free choice? Is it retrievable if the fellowhip moves?

Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the FP can choose not to move or declare the fellowship.

During the Hunt allocation phase, the SP can choose how many dice to add to the Hunt Box. If there is at least one FP Die in the box from the previous turn, then the SP has to add at least one die automatically.

If the FP uses a dice to move the fellowship it goes straight to the hunt box.

The SP retrieves all the dice in the hunt box during the retrieve dice step (remember they must then add at least one back if the FP also retrieves dice from the box).
There's always a chance of the SP rolling lots of eyes and losing the dice to the hunt box for a turn, so if they have added some to the hunt box, and they roll some, they could lose a lot. It's not really losing them though, it makes it unlikely the FP will move the fellowship that turn, which is good.

You can only ever retrieve dice during the retrieve dice step.

Edit: Clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:

Actually, the die used to move the Fellowship is added to the Hunt box after the Hunt is completed; to show that next time the Fellowhip is moved, in the same turn, the Hunt is successful on 5+ and so on (+1 per FP die in the Hunt box).

Read the example of play at my site for an overview:

http://www.warofthering.eu/example2.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Kenig
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veldrin wrote:
Greendan wrote:

Actually, the die used to move the Fellowship is added to the Hunt box after the Hunt is completed; to show that next time the Fellowhip is moved, in the same turn, the Hunt is successful on 5+ and so on (+1 per FP die in the Hunt box).

Read the example of play at my site for an overview:

http://www.warofthering.eu/example2.htm

This example helped a lot. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.