Popular Tags: [View All]
Karsten Duffert
Germany
Emden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi.

1) If I use the Knockback ability from Splig is the original space counted? The skill says within 3 spaces.

O=Original Space

O123

Or

O23

2) Can i use the skill "oath of honor" from the knight deck to choose a knocked out hero?

3) In the scenario Fat Goblin can a goblin move 3 space, use an action to pickup a prisoner and then move 2 more spaces? He has a speed of 5.

Thanks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2 Questions
For #2 I believe the answer is no, because when they are knocked out there are just a token not a hero until they are stood up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#3 - Yes. You can interrupt a move action to perform another action, then complete the move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jester42 wrote:
For #2 I believe the answer is no, because when they are knocked out there are just a token not a hero until they are stood up.

The rules say you remove your figure - but your hero is still on the board as a token.
D2E Rules page 15 wrote:
Knocked Out
When a hero is defeated [...] the controlling player removes his figure from the map, replacing it with one of his hero tokens.
[...]
A space containing a knocked out hero (represented by a hero token) is considered to be empty to other figures for the purposes of movement. In other words, any figure may move through and end its movement in that space. Also, knocked out heroes do not block line of sight.

But then there is this part.
Quote:
A knocked out hero cannot receive any Condition cards and is immune to all attacks and most hero abilities.

That might mean you can't OoH to them, but OoH doesn't effect the chosen hero so maybe it doesn't violate "immunity".

I hope you can. Thematically the hero is still in that space, just knocked out, and what better way to observe an Oath of Honor than to aid your fallen comrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules also state:

Quote:
A knocked out hero may still recover damage from other heroes through
the use of skills, potions, and being revived (see “Revive a Hero” on page
10). If a knocked out hero recovers at least one damage, he immediately
replaces his hero token with his figure and may perform actions as normal
on his next turn.

Through the use of "skills, potions" the hero can recover wounds and be not knocked out, so I see no reason why Oath of Honor could not be used on a knocked out Hero...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paivinen
United States
San Jose Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Oath of Honor in front of me, but does this rule apply?
rulebook, box at top of page 15 wrote:
While monster attacks cannot target or affect a knocked out hero, hero players may only target a knocked out hero with an ability that would allow the knocked out hero to recover any amount of damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.