Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm toying with putting up a game I'm designing as a free print & play, but I'm worried that the components might be unreasonable. It'll need about 15-25 individual square tokens per player (plus some cards and player boards).

What are peoples' general thoughts regarding printing tokens? Do you find them significantly more of a pain to construct than cards? I know I find cards a lot easier to prototype, but I'm pretty lazy about cards (I just print business cards and sleeve them).

Is 50-100 tokens in a print & play a nonstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think people who build print and play games(me included), think that way.

If you have the tokens on two pages (50 per page).
I can't see it being an issue.
Glue the pages to some board and cut out.

My experience is...
If you build it, they (we) will come. laugh

Good luck with your game.
Whatever you decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sena
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orin,
I love building print and play games for home use. As long as those are square tokens as you mentioned and all the cuts go all the way across the paper (the tokens don't print offset) that many tokens is no big deal and pretty easy for most folks to build and I don't beleive is an obstacle for most people. For me, the building process is as much fun if not more so than playing.
Good luck with your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
I tend to think more along the lines of printed pages/ink use. So 2 pages of tokens is no big deal. 25 pages of tokens would be another story, especially if they were full color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.