Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the double action build lets you build "anywhere", and Barrow in Furness and Birkenhead is forbidden to build in until the rail era, which rule wins out?
My first instinct is that you can't build in them, since the double action build effectively makes it so you have a virtual location card. And since location cards must follow the regular rules, you would have to follow the building in Birkenhead and Burrow rules.
Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have only railroad connections to Birkendhead and Barrow in Furness and that means you can't transport coal(iron mine needs coal and shipyard needs coal) there and thus you can't build anything there in the Canal Era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Exactly. There's technically a rule that says you can't build there in the canal era, but there doesn't need to be. The simple fact that you can't get coal there, and the only industries you could build there require coal, would keep you from building there even with a double action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.