Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Entry in the 2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest

Ultimate Chibi Defenders
Wedding Edition

The fearsome dragon in charge of the Wedding Hoard has rallied the (uninvited) guests to its cause of getting the first bite of cake! The Wedding party must join forces to fight off this threat before the entire day is ruined by the dessert motivated forces of evil! This is a lite cooperative game (easily playable solo) of tactical cake defense.

Chibi Defenders Rules
Chibi Defenders Components

Build Instructions
Print the 4 pages of components on cardstock. Cut out the cards and sleeve them (you can sleeve the detailed cards back to back with the simple cards for the same hero if you want. Additionally, if you would like to print it duplex drop me a geek mail and specify how I should layout the card backs relative to the fronts to make that possible for you).

Cut the tokens out and fold and glue them so that each token is double sided (the backside is inverted below the front side and is a greyscale image). Assemble the hero standees (cut around the entire rectangle, score along the shorter lines within the token, fold along the score lines and glue). Mount the game board on foam core (or similar).

You will also need one 10 sided dice and an opaque bag to draw the enemy tokens out of.

Choose a number of heroes to play with (at least 2) and save the wedding cake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was a success, my gamer friends sat down with it and played for 3 solid hours. They never lost a game, but had a lot of fun anyway and when you play it with a few friends the dialogue is hilarious (I'm going to move here and shoot the kid, can you mind control that goat and make it bite the inlaw)?

We made some balance adjustments to increase the challenge for stronger gamers (the game was intended to be fun for the wide range of tastes one finds at a wedding! Simplish mechanics, not too difficult game play and adorable personal art for the grandparents). I will be uploading a new rule book and tokeslightly enforce contest deadline (slightly more enemy tokens, the dragon isn't added to the enemy bag until the bag is empty at which point all defeated enemies are added back to the bag with the dragon).

Also, my other friends (who are not featured as playable in the game) have demanded an expansion that features them and they forked up the art costs for me. So that is something I will be working on in the near future as it would be real nice to get it into their hands before I move away at the end of the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I'm glad it was a hit! Wish I'd been able to make something like this for my wedding, but alas, I had not yet discovered game design as a hobby then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Overview and review up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Overview and review up.

Awesome! Thanks!

Just to let everyone know, I have updated the rules based on John's feedback and the feedback from my friends who played the game almost all night on Saturday. Now you put the Dragon to the side during game set up, and the first time the bag is emptied you put the Dragon and all defeated tokens back into the bag. The Dragon still causes all defeated tokens to be tossed back in the bag when it comes up as well. This change helps avoid the super easy games where the Dragon turns up T1.

Also, the token sheet was updated in the game components file to have some damage counters (thanks for noticing that John!) and a couple more enemy tokens (1x In Law and 2x Youngsters) which should ramp the challenge up just a touch (before the bag emptied and enemies stop spawning the instant the game started to turn against the heroes).

It's officially Contest Ready (it was before). For those who want to play Solo it's as easy as controlling multiple heroes - it is a very simple game.

Now onto the expansion which my (slave drivers) friends are requesting (demanding) that I make - to include the rest of the Games Night crew in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion that I alluded to in the last post is nearly ready. Waiting on art and some final testing results.

Details can be found on the game page in the News forum:

Expansion: Wedding Party Rockers -- Public Testing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.