Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rout Check Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 1.0 Game turns, #2 says "Certain Suppressed units must check to see if they rout."

In the actual explanation under section 11.0, the word "suppressed" doesn't appear anywhere in the criteria for taking a rout check. So...do non suppressed units have to check for rout or not? I guess this would only effect reduced units that are in not suppressed, but quite capable of rolling a 10 at the most inopportune time .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:
Under 1.0 Game turns, #2 says "Certain Suppressed units must check to see if they rout."

In the actual explanation under section 11.0, the word "suppressed" doesn't appear anywhere in the criteria for taking a rout check. So...do non suppressed units have to check for rout or not? I guess this would only effect reduced units that are in not suppressed, but quite capable of rolling a 10 at the most inopportune time .


My understanding is that all units would need to check for rout, but the ones that are not suppressed pass automatically the Rout check (just like any other Morale check).

Notice that, for Morale checks, a roll of 10 is not automatic failure. This only applies to Firepower rolls.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are units thay may have an unsupressed morale value of 9, possibly on their reduced side. These units would also need to check for route, but like Gustavo said, most unsupressed units automatically succeed in morale checks due to a morale value of 10.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
Avatar
mbmb
Shemar and Gustavo are correct.

In the updated rules I deleted the word "suppressed". Certain units check to see if they rout.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opposite interpretation, taking 1.0 literally and assuming they just left the word "suppressed" out later. I'm thinking only suppressed units must check for rout, not reduced units.

This should be included in the errata and clarified in the Ghost Panzer rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well dang, Jim was answering while I was spell-checking! And I had it wrong.

So ANY unit that is:
1) in same hex with enemy
2) adjacent to an enemy not in melee
3) in a hex without positive terrain modifers and within both LOS and 5 hexes of an enemy not in melee.

That's going to make it a lot harder to use reduced units for melee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Shemar and Gustavo are correct.

In the updated rules I deleted the word "suppressed". Certain units check to see if they rout.


Jim, are the updated rules available somewhere?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:


Jim, are the updated rules available somewhere?


Ditto. BTW Jim, you see I've taken your suggestion from the iPad thread from a few months back .

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Jim some updated rules in any format would be great.

Would also love to see a preview of ghost panzer as to the things we will likely see.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a routing unit go through a hex where the artillery is landing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
Avatar
mbmb
No, routing units can't run through artillery fire.

The rulebook is in my court at the moment. I submitted revised rules, scenarios, and player aid to Worthington. The revisions in this case being clarifications, not changes. They updated them and sent them back to me and the updated rules are now are in my court.

Normally, I try to be very responsive and I hope that I have earned that reputation. However, there are a couple of months during the summer when I get super swamped with work. It makes it tough for me to do anything game related during that time.

I'm in the middle of that time right now, hence the microbadge I'm displaying at the moment.

mb Limited access to BGG for awhile.

I should be able to fit the rules update in this week. Plus, in a couple of weeks I will be back to normal. Sorry about the delay.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to apologise at all.

I'm just excited about the game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, no worries Jim, your support of this game is excellent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
Well dang, Jim was answering while I was spell-checking! And I had it wrong.

So ANY unit that is:
1) in same hex with enemy
2) adjacent to an enemy not in melee
3) in a hex without positive terrain modifers and within both LOS and 5 hexes of an enemy not in melee.

That's going to make it a lot harder to use reduced units for melee

Man, that's yet another rule I've been playing incorrectly! I was only checking suppressed units. That had to have a big impact on several games I've played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbnbsmith wrote:

Man, that's yet another rule I've been playing incorrectly! I was only checking suppressed units. That had to have a big impact on several games I've played.


Most non-supressed units auto succeed anyway, so I doubt it actually makes that much difference.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shemar wrote:
jbbnbsmith wrote:

Man, that's yet another rule I've been playing incorrectly! I was only checking suppressed units. That had to have a big impact on several games I've played.


Most non-supressed units auto succeed anyway, so I doubt it actually makes that much difference.
Yeah, you are right. Even reduced units have an 80% chance of success. But there were a few games that were decided by a reduced unit destroying the enemy in melee, so there was a 20% chance the outcome would have been different.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.