Hide
6 Posts

Wallenstein (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Peasant armies in the tray rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K K
msg tools
Hi, I'd like a definite answer on what to do with peasant armies left in the tray, because there are some different opinions floating around (I speak of Shogun forums also).

The rulebook says that peasants can never occupy the county, even when they win a battle they are put in the common supply. On the other hand the rulebook says that all non participant units are left in the tray.
So my question is:

1. What happens when peasants win a battle in which they participate (player vs. non rebelious defender or vs. a neutral county - do you leave them in the tray on put them in common pool. I speak of a situation when after applying losses they are some peasants left, for example attacker attacks with 2 units and 3 peasants fall from the tower and 2 defending player armies so after applying losses there are 1 peasant and 2 defender units. The defending units go back to the map, but what about the 1 peasant unit?

2. What do you do when some peasants accidentally fall from the tray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that when 2 players are engaged in battle and no Revolt tokens are in that province that any green Farmer cubes that fall into the tray, stay in the tray.

If a Revolt marker is present in the province during a battle, all green Farmer cubes that fall into the tray are counted toward the result AND returned to the general supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If peasants survive a battle, their surplus armies are put in supply. They only remain in the tray when two players fight in a province with a revolt marker, because then they are not involved in the battle at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
msg tools
I think you are the winner, dypaca. Your answer definitely ties all the rulebook contradictions together.

That would also mean that the peasants stay, if they accidentally fall from tower to tray during game (someone nudges the table)

However, to keep things streamlined and fun, I think I'll play that the surplus always stays in the tray, if there is any.

Oh, and rebellious peasants do not count towards the resolution of player vs player combat - that I'm sure of.

Anyways - thank you all for your time and input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gothwolf Foundation
Norway
flag msg tools
The rules is very clear, all non-player cubes are put back into supply if Involved in battle, If not involved in battle, they stay in the tray.

Also the rules states that if there are zero/none revolt markers in the contested area, the peasants are allied with the defender. In other words peasants help the defender in areas without revolt markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
And remember that when peasants are allied with the defender they are taken as casualties first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.