Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
nom nom nom
mbmbmbmbmb
Can more than one Fate Point be used on the same action?
For example, I need a 5 to hit and roll a 3. Can I use two Fate Points to turn the 3 into a 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing in the rules that states that only one fate point per formation activiation can be used.

You may spend fate points as often as you like providing you have them. The only stipulation is that the defender gets a last chance to spend a fate point providing they have remaining fate points to spend
thanks
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your specific question I think may not be allowed if I were ruling on it. The rule about adjusting a die roll states you may raise or lower the number "showing" on a die by one. This indicates the die roll is static but the result is raised or lower. It does not state a change of the number facing on the die. So I would say no. But you can spend 2 to change 2 different die rolls.
Thanks
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
nom nom nom
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to agree. I've been playing it as one Fate Point per action, as it seems it could be a little too gamey otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.