Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Your Best X" Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dole
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm a bit confused on the effects of the science leaders (Leonardo, Newton, etc) and Napoleon. They indicate that your best X gets the effect, but I'm unsure on whether that means only 1 worker of the best type gets the effect, or if all of the workers of that type do. For instance, if I have 2 Alchemy and Da Vinci, do I get 2 extra science, or just 1? I would be inclined to think 1, but a card like Transcontinental Railroad, specifying "one of your best", which these don't, makes me think that might be wrong. With Napoleon, I realize only your strongest army gets the effect, but if you have two equally strong armies, does only 1 get the effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They all only get the bonus once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dole
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ok, gotcha. Why the discrepancy between Rock & Roll Icon and Transcontinental Railroad which indicate "one of your best" vs. the science leaders/Napoleon which don't specify "one of"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CPLane wrote:
Ok, gotcha. Why the discrepancy between Rock & Roll Icon and Transcontinental Railroad which indicate "one of your best" vs. the science leaders/Napoleon which don't specify "one of"?

Probably just sloppy translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Melkus
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CPLane wrote:

Yup, Brian's right. The description is just not precise enough. Same thing is with events that give you food and/or ore, some say "ignore consumption and corruption", some say "do not ignore c&c", and some do not say anything, those unspecified should be treated as if they said "ignore c&c", but I had to go to different forums and read FAQ to get to the bottom of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James N
msg tools
Does "best" refer to the highest level/age technology? And does it matter how many buildings it has? And, as I understand the above, the power only takes effect once, no matter how many buildings you have on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
"best" means highest level.
I think there is actually no confusion in the cards, since we meet either:
"each of your [plural word]" meaning every one,
"one of you best [plural world]" meaning only 1
"your best [singular world]" meaning only 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.