Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the early game, it seems like several turns consist of a player doing one or two things. They can't move far enough to be able to shore up, or have the wrong special ability, or are staying next to one of the treasure locations. So it ends up that several early actions are wasted, with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say that we've ever felt/noticed actions were wasted in the early stages of the game, but we tend to focus only on shoring up necessary locations and making sure that any matching treasure cards are in one players hand .. That is, there's no point staying near a treasure tile unless you already have all 3 cards and someone else can reach you to pass on the fourth should it come up - OR you've been unlucky enough that the other treasure tile of it's kind has already sunk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawkins
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that I've seen one or two turns per game where someone doesn't use all three actions, and they are as likely to come at the end of the game (i.e., we have all treasures and are moving to Fool's Landing) as the beginning. Are you starting with six flooded tiles? Maybe you need to increase the difficulty level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.