Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrenaline Rush is a gene that allows a player to pick their place in initiative order during initiative phase.
The Council of Elders is a card (one time event) that also allows a player to pick their place in initiative order during initiative phase.

If one player has one and one the other, which has precedence?

My take is: the gene player chooses first and the card player last (so they have the final pick).
Logic: card is one time effect and therefore stronger than a gene which is permanent.

Does this make sense? Is there official wording for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for common sense, the card player has the advantage to choose after the gene player has chosen his spot. The card effect is one time only and the player has spent his one valuable auction phase only for that card. Also the logic that "cards overule other gameplay effects" makes sense here.

I haven't seen any official ruling on this but I could care less since the only rational way to play it is to give the card player the advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see:
Q about the effect order of "Adrenaline rush" & "council of the wise"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:

I didn't know the card was present in first edition of the game (I thought they changed some cards, apparently not, just how one gets them).

However, I can't really agree with the ruling in that thread.
If council of the wise has to choose first (at the beginning of the phase) and gene owner any time during the phase, this means the gene that can be used any turn is stronger than one time effect card.

I'll just ignore this and play as roadhouse suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the ruling in the previous thread is exactly as roadhouse suggested. The key thing is, that the card can be played at the beginning of any phase, so even after the initiative phase (at the beginning of the next phase). So, this way the card is "stronger".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horlaci wrote:
The key thing is, that the card can be played at the beginning of any phase, so even after the initiative phase (at the beginning of the next phase). So, this way the card is "stronger".

Yes, I had to double check on the card and it is such a wording. Probably confused me as on most cards it's written: at start of [this specific] phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.