Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "within one tile of..." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably an easy one but;
When some cards say attack something "within one tile" of whatever...

Which of the following does this apply to?
A) object 1 tile away.
B) object on same tile non-adjecent to you
C) object on same tile and adjacent to you

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C - your tile or adjacent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Vajcovec
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, "within one tile" applies to A, B or C. Ender's answer was a little confusing since that wasn't what you listed for C. I think what he meant was "your tile or an adjacent tile" which covers all the options you listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vadim, if your "adjacent" is in reference to squares, the answer is that "within 1 tile" allows you to select any target as follows:
1. On your tile OR
2. On a tile adjacent to your tile OR
3. On a square adjacent to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Vadim, if your "adjacent" is in reference to squares, the answer is that "within 1 tile" allows you to select any target as follows:
1. On your tile OR
2. On a tile adjacent to your tile OR
3. On a square adjacent to you.

Where does the third option come from? It is possible to be in an adjacent square but still be two tiles away and in that case you cannot attack if your ability is of "within 1 tile" type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am under the impression that the OP seems to think that "within 1 tile" aka ranged attacks may not target a monster on an adjacent square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, I know I can attack a monster on an adjacent tile, but can I also use a ranged attack on a monster that is on my tile and adjacent to my square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can.

Told u guys so. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks folks.thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel a sense of deja vu coming on (the adjacent square issue is a regular) but your point 3 is a worry, since it might seem to suggest that any square adjacent to the Hero falls within the 1 tile attack range.

If the monster is on an adjacent square that is on a tile 2 tiles away, I don't think that 'by tile' attack applies. An 'adjacent' attack still works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kasca wrote:
I feel a sense of deja vu coming on (the adjacent square issue is a regular) but your point 3 is a worry, since it might seem to suggest that any square adjacent to the Hero falls within the 1 tile attack range.

If the monster is on an adjacent square that is on a tile 2 tiles away, I don't think that 'by tile' attack applies. An 'adjacent' attack still works.

Adjacent attacks would work, but "within 1 tile" attacks would not. Strange but true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.