Hide
5 Posts

Wallenstein (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exapnsion - envoys from the tray cards and denying actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K K
msg tools
1. I'd like to ask why are there 3 "envoys from the tray" cards to put on the expansion player board, since usually at most you will need only 1 such card. If there are 3 of your armies in the tray (highly unlikely) you would simply put the card on the 3 envoy spot and collect all 3. What's the deal with the other 2 cards or am I reading the rules wrong?

2. Since all player action locations are revealed before doing any actions is it permissible to attack a location with for example Move A action to deny the opponent the chance to get grain from there (provided Move A Action is before Grain Tax)? Can I look at the opponent's board to check what should I attack to give him\her the most trouble?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Spieles
United States
Vandalia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I quite follow everything you asked, but I think you might be playing with the players location/province cards face up. They are supposed to be played face down, only revealing them as each action occurs in player order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K K
msg tools
2. Right, I see it now - they stay hidden up until performed. I was playing it wrong.

EDIT: This, however is not so good, since it seriously diminishes the advantage of going first (and you have to remember that going first only really matters in Move A and B actions).

1. Question still stands Are the 3 cards only for a highly unlikely situation of 6 of your armies falling into tray in the previous turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I believe that you get three cards so that the expansion does not increase the amount of times you are short of cards to play to your board. That is, If there were not three cards the number of times you would be missing cards to fill your board would increase.

Or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with Edward here - there are three slots, you may need three cards.

A few things to remember...

1. These cards can be proxies in other slots (just like coin cards)

2. There are WAYS to get more cubes in the tray...several Favors allow this, for example.

3. You MAY have more than 3 armies in the tray...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.