Dan H
msg tools
Hey guys, hopefully someone can clarify something for me. Tonight a friend and I played the 5th adventure in the book "the closed doors". After we discoved the horrid chamber, we put the appropriate tiles on the board which ended up being a relatively small chamber (3 tiles). In the adventure rules, once the horrid chamber is discovered, you are to put a locked door marker on the horrid chamber entrance tile. And here is where my question lies. After we put the horrid chamber up, one of the chamber tiles connected to another regular tile that didnt have a wall and it was as tho you could just walk right into the chamber without having to go thru the entrance door. Does anyone know the official rules as to how this is supposed to work? We just assumed that because you put a locked door marker on the entrance, you play as if you cant get access to the chamber any other way besides thru that door. Why would the adventure rules have you put a locked door marker on the entrance tile if there were other ways in? I read nothing in the rulebook about this and so far I havent found anyone mentioning this in the forums. So to sum up...after you put the chamber up and if a chamber tile connects to another regular tile, can you enter the chamber from that regular tile? or do you have to go thru the chamber entrance door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can enter the chamber from any tile you are able to. Most of the time, there is no other way to enter the chamber than the chamber's entrance tile. But, if you are lucky and there is another way leading in, there is no problem with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, just roleplay that one of your heroes found a back entrance into the chamber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fülöp Zsolt
msg tools
You should add two modifications to that quest so that it makes sense:
1. always open every door marker you find and explore through them if possible (if there are more doors in play, you can explore through them 1 tile then you have to go to the next door)
2. when you reveal the horrid chamber, you can open its door without opening any other doors in the next turns, and treat the chamber tiles as if they had walls where they have a common edge with other tiles that can be passed through.

In general, when using the doors rule, apply rule 1. This makes it more reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.