Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark berchowitz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of disappointed the second edition didn't come with a purple die.

Hopefully, blue looks blue on the cards this time around.

Good times. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple die? You mean like this one?

But seriously, the die looks blue on the cards:

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aidyn Newman
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the lack of dice in general is a little disappointing. I understand the desire to streamline the gameplay a bit, but I miss my white and green dice and the clear distinctions between magic, melee and ranged dice, which I thought was really cool in Descent 1st edition. I also miss the old black dice, they were an easy way to improve something's power without going all out.

Probably my only complaint about Descent 2nd edition so far. Loving it otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Burton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wondering if they may add dice later with an expansion pack or optional rules. Along the same lines, they could later do a new version of Road to Legend and have advanced rules that use additional dice due to characters plus the overlord getting more powerful.

So along with extra combat dice how about overlords dice of doom, as the dark points build up, they get to roll for all to see their dooooom! Some Cthulhu/Arkham horror type dice that the OL rolls for the doom table. sauron

I am excited either way as FFG has a game now that allows Descent to get to the table faster. Having the ability to dial up or down the games' length and complexity may be a great plus to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion for the overlord could be for special dice he can spend XP on instead of cards (or aswell as, such as he gets special dice as he goes up on class level, e.g. warlord I, II and III)

They could be slightly better yellow or red dice usable instead of any of the regular dice. Could even be that Warlord gives better red cice, magus gives better yellow dice and saboteur gives a better grey dice that is used in attribute tests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
An expansion for the overlord could be for special dice he can spend XP on instead of cards (or aswell as, such as he gets special dice as he goes up on class level, e.g. warlord I, II and III)

They could be slightly better yellow or red dice usable instead of any of the regular dice. Could even be that Warlord gives better red cice, magus gives better yellow dice and saboteur gives a better grey dice that is used in attribute tests.

I like that idea!

The OL definitely needs at least one additional upgrade path. The heros have gold/items, XP and relics. The OL just has XP and relics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the OL's upgrade path is, well, boring. So he gets some more powerful cards, yay. The heroes get to choose new weapons, different skills, the interaction between those skills, etc. I'd love to see additional upgrade options for the overlord.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.