Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With this card, who gets the 2 victory ponts?
The player who builds and pays for it or the player into whose station it is built?

Edit. For that matter, who pays the two credits to build it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That's quite a screw-your-opponent card. It can nullify bonuses from the Communication Beacon or (more difficult) the Alliance Fleet Base. It can block Docking Bays and the bonus for the Opera House if that already has a green location next to it. It can be placed in a hole that opponents built to place a Security Station or Holographic Display Area.

And it is difficult to defend against. People don't even know whether this card is in the game (there is a high probability that it isn't), so probably won't take defensive measures. If you're lucky enough to get an Alien Temple (if they're in the game), the player of this location might pick another player and deny you the point.

If you get it, whether you pass it depends on how vulnerable your structure is to this tile. If you want to get that bonus from the Communications Beacon, you might not want to pass this tile to your opponents, but rather play it yourself or convert it to money or a power station.

Does this tile make the game more tactical or more luck-dependent? I tend to think the latter. I mean, given that you don't even know that it is in the game until you get it in your hand or until someone places it in your structure, it is hard to take it into account when building your station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked about this in the comments section for the image, and Konstantinos replied:

3pod wrote:
superbgg wrote:
This looks like a really interesting card! Does the person who played it get the points? Or the person whose station it goes in to?

The 2 cards will come in a pack along with rules and this will be clearly explained there. The player who plays the card, gets the VP, but from that point on, it counts at a normal location card on the other player's station.

BTW: It has its own BGG entry: Among the Stars: Ambassadorial Shuttle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Spiel Essen 2012 promo card, we wanted to do something special. To have a completely different ability than anything we had done so far. So we thought of being able to build a location in somebody else's Station.

The result is the card you saw posted today on BGG. It is good but not as powerful as you may think. On one hand, it hoses another player's plans, stopping him from gaining a few VPs (usually no more than 2). On the other hand though, you only gain 2 VPs yourself, and your opponent gets a green location for free, useful for some other cards' abilities and for some of the Objectives as well.

So, as you can see, it's not the end of the world if somebody plays this card on your station. Besides, being a Special location, you will rarely see more than 1 of it in your games.

(And if you don't like it, you can always agree to leave it out during the game's setup)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like that card. The idea of using "Ambassadors" to screw with the station design of another player is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleš Smrdel
Slovenia
Domžale
Osrednjeslovenska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice card. Even nicer ability. Slightly leaning toward conflict card, which is even nicer since it gives players ability to interact between stations.

avyssaleos wrote:

(And if you don't like it, you can always agree to leave it out during the game's setup)

And by marking it with promo icon (or similar) you could simplify the election process of the card from the stack of 58 special location cards (I believe that is the final count currently).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredericus Rex
Germany
Bamberg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love the way Aripia games handle the Essen Promos so far. Not only AtS but also Drum Roll.
Ambassadorial Shuttle, Plate Spinner and Dragon Dancer have each very unique abillities. Even now looking forward to Spiel 2013 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
RRunner wrote:
Nice card. Even nicer ability. Slightly leaning toward conflict card, which is even nicer since it gives players ability to interact between stations.

This is pretty exciting card. Simple rule text, but an interesting mechanic. Also increases the amount of interaction between players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.