12. Which expansion is your favorite?
The Reaper
The Dungeon
The Frostmarch
The Highland
The Sacred Pool
The Dragon
The Blood Moon
13. Which expansion is your second favorite?
The Reaper
The Dungeon
The Frostmarch
The Highland
The Sacred Pool
The Dragon
The Blood Moon
14. Which expansion is your least favorite?
The Reaper
The Dungeon
The Frostmarch
The Highland
The Sacred Pool
The Dragon
The Blood Moon
      57 answers
Poll created by RayGuns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I chose Sacred Pool as my least favorite because I didn't think the horse options brought a lot new to the game, and the focus on penalizing alignment so much was annoying. But one item I do really enjoy from that set are the Warlock's Quest Rewards, finally giving some options for success other than a Talisman. So that expansion wasn't a complete bust for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked Highlands as the worst, though not owning Dragon or Sacred Pool (because I felt they didn't add anything of value), should I have voted for one of those two by default? Reaper is #1, followed by Blood Moon, which could've had the #1 spot had it not been for the lackluster and unthreatening Werewolf. Since when do you WANT a Werewolf to land on you, what is this, Twilight shake ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Reaper/Dungeon
2. Frostmarch/Highland
3. Sacred Pool

It's really hard to decide this. Reaper and Frostmarch were my first expansions and I enjoyed both of them, but since Reaper came with the Sage, which is my favorite character, I go with the Reaper. Dungeon might be better than Highland, but I do not think Highland is as bad as many people seem to think. In fact, it is visited quite often in our games, even more often than the dungeon, so it seems to be an essential expansion in our gaming group, too.
I like some elements of Sacred Pool, even the Stables, but there are some crappy Adventure cards added here, that we banned from the adventure deck, so it might be my least favorite. I still don't have the Bloodmoon, but I'm not sure If I will like it or if the Day/Night thing will make the game too long and fiddly. Since I did not really like the Reaper figure, the Werewolf does not seem to be that interesting as well. What remains are only 3 characters, which is very little. I got the Dragon as a birthday gift yesterday, ´did not play it yet but although I was sceptical about the Dragon-Scale-mechanic (and still am), the new characters seem very interesting and the Scale-thing might not even be that bad, so I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highlands as a region isn't all bad, interestingly, unlike the Dungeon, HL is safer deeper, on the third tier (where you even have healing!). My main gripes with Highlands are A) the Highland deck which has those crappy Trinkets, gems in particular and B) most stupidly broken character to date: Alchemist. And HL, being an extra board, I can't help but compare it to the Dungeon, which leaves it eating dust miles back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Highlands as a region isn't all bad, interestingly, unlike the Dungeon, HL is safer deeper, on the third tier (where you even have healing!). My main gripes with Highlands are A) the Highland deck which has those crappy Trinkets, gems in particular and B) most stupidly broken character to date: Alchemist. And HL, being an extra board, I can't help but compare it to the Dungeon, which leaves it eating dust miles back.

What I really like about the Highland board is that there are several characters that can profit from their special abilities here while interacting with the many Hills-spaces, for example the Dwarf and the Highlander. The trinkets might be a bit crappy indeed, but sometimes those prospector-gnomes show up and you can sell them immidiately As for the Alchemist: Yes, he's definitely broken, but even if you ban him, you still have 5 characters which is as much as the dungeon comes with
And as for the board many people seem to complain that it is too similiar to the Dungeon board, but hey, it has to fit to the basic game mechanics, so of course there are lots of "draw a card" spaces here And as you have already mentioned, there are some useful or interesting special spaces like the waterful, the Glacier and those "draw a card even if there is already one there"-spaces. I like the eagle king, although the two weapons you can get here are not that useful, at least the Dreadwing gives you 1/6 chance of teleporting every turn, while I believe the Arnkell to be broken...shake The possibility of a free teleport anywhere on the outer/mittle region is very welcomed.
Last but not least I want to mention that I really enjoyed the graphical style of both the Highland board as well as the Dungeon. I like this "side view" that was already usd in the 2nd edition and I really wished the main game board would have had this perspective as well. It allows greater detail (it took be a long time to spot the little sentinel on the Highlandboard! ) and it is how Talisman always have been before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.