Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Dear designers,

Can you please have another look at the design of your cards? There are some things that I find unclear in the current design from the Print and Play version.

* The hexagon in the lower right, with a 3, 4 or S, indicates which cards should be in the game. That icon is rather small, though, and the different icons look quit similar. It would be great if you could make the different icons easier to distinguish. You could give them a different places, a different shape, or different color. That would make sorting the cards a lot easier.

* The max: X VP logo at the bottom left of some cards is difficult to read as well. You chose to have a white number on top of an orange and white logo and that means that (in the games that I tried) people had difficulties reading that number straight away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleš Smrdel
Slovenia
Domžale
Osrednjeslovenska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Whymme wrote:

* The hexagon in the lower right, with a 3, 4 or S, indicates which cards should be in the game. That icon is rather small, though, and the different icons look quit similar. It would be great if you could make the different icons easier to distinguish. You could give them a different places, a different shape, or different color. That would make sorting the cards a lot easier.

* The max: X VP logo at the bottom left of some cards is difficult to read as well. You chose to have a white number on top of an orange and white logo and that means that (in the games that I tried) people had difficulties reading that number straight away.

I have to agree with Whymme on both topics. Cards are small, no doubt to use more table space to build better and larger stations but the icons are too similar and are indistinguishable for my poor eyes. Please take a look if minor modifications can be made.

Br,
Aleš
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
Whymme wrote:
Dear designers,

Can you please have another look at the design of your cards? There are some things that I find unclear in the current design from the Print and Play version.

I also agree with both of these. I think this was also mentioned in another thread, but it's good to repeat it here. Currently it's easy to stick a 3 card in the special location pile, and then end up short when we try to deal out the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.