Popular Tags: [View All]
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi again,

Just wanted to get more input on this combo and the taberna in particular. Our gaming group seems to rank the taberna VERY highly in that it allows such enormous flexibility with the contracts you can fulfill, so much so, that these are among the first buys for everyone. In addition, it's rare that a player would purchases both the taberna AND the wall that gives -2 market buys loses a game. Is this an imbalance in the game or are we missing something?

My primary concern is that there's an imbalance in the green, yellow, and wall buildings. While some are almost always useful (taberna, either of the yellow buildings that convert green cubes to money and points, and the walls that reduce ship costs by 3 and the wall that lets you exchange 3 cubes for 10 bucks) others seem very lack luster (wall that increases bidding cost by 3, mid-tier yellow buildings, all green buildings aside from taberna).

Do people rank some buildings higher than others? Are there particular combo's or favorite buildings people shoot for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Berry
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree the Taberna provides a great deal of flexibility, but it does cost money (ie, you have to buy something from the market).
The warehouse, OTOH, allow flexibility without paying, since you can sit the goods there until needed. Now this delays shipping perhaps.
Since the warehouse houses 4 extra, it also allows flexibility to donate for the bonus pts as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cole
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Escape Velocity Games! Yay!
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a 2-player game last night (first play of the game), I felt that the Taberna basically broke the game. It gave me so much flexibility on the contracts that the other player couldn't hope to catch me. If I play the 2-player version again, I think we'll not include the building at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.