Popular Tags: [View All]
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi again,

Sorry for the spam posts but there's not much going on in the forum and I have a lot to ask : ). So my gaming group and I differ on opinions on this building and I'm beginning to favor their opinion. I like this building and enjoy having money "front-loaded" and available a turn earlier via yellow buildings and the redemptor so I can buy the buildings I want on my turn.

However, my gaming group tends to regard the use of a red cube to get -5 a waste as red cubes are very valuable in shipping. Many contracts require them and if you're using your only red cube for buildings you limit the contracts you can fulfill.

As I said, I'm beginning to favor their opinion as I haven't won any of the 5 games, despite scoring 61 and 55 in 2 of those games. Most of the games won were by very well-planned out shipping strategies with the taberna, and there was a game won with an extensive use of yellow buildings sans taberna.

Do people like the redemptor? Is using it with your last red cube a waste? When do people buy it, turn 1 or turn 2 (as you can use it on turn 2 when you buy it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
If your contract draw is minimal, and you get no red contracts then use it or just store it for next turn [as your 1 free store]

Many times the Red cube can gain you that extra building with the discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but if I remember correctly you can't use it until you have a building that produces red cubes - so if you buy a wall your first turn to convert a cube to red, that won't work you still can't use it. It would be a 2nd round buy if you want to make the most of it, unless everyone else wants the same building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.