GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,067 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ghost Stories: White Moon» Forums » General

Subject: Petition for a reprint of White Moon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought the base game and I love it. All reviews I read say the White Moon expansion is awesome, but unfortunately it is out of print and the publisher has no plans to reprint it. I was just wondering if there are people out there interested in signing an online petition asking for a reprint of White Moon? I guess if we had enough signatures the publisher would reconsider it. Thanks.

(I am posting this also in the base game page.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I would rather have a deluxe edition with all expansions.
In a wood box with black lacquer and faux mother of pearl inlay.

I would even volunteer to paint fifty sets of minis to make it happen.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Honestly, I would rather have a deluxe edition with all expansions.
In a wood box with black lacquer and faux mother of pearl inlay.

I would even volunteer to paint fifty sets of minis to make it happen.


I second this!

Though I don't think anyone would want the minis I would paint... I have a feeling that they'd look pretty assy at best...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And I would buy a super deluxe edition for three thousand dollars if it included a trip to Hong Kong and dinner with Michelle Yeoh.

But a modest reprint of WM would still make me happy...

Anyone out there would sign an online petition for that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Brunelle
United States
BURLINGTON
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, how could I stay anything but MAD over you, Cthu-ly, woo-ly, woo-woo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are still new and affordable copies of White Moon floating around out there. Since the game is driven entirely with symbols, foreign editions work just as well as domestic copies. Keep looking! Last I knew, there were some Canadian copies available for the starting suggested retail price. I picked up my copy from a gaming store in RI for $42, after it was declared out-of-print.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gabrielbrunelle wrote:
There are still new and affordable copies of White Moon floating around out there. Since the game is driven entirely with symbols, foreign editions work just as well as domestic copies. Keep looking! Last I knew, there were some Canadian copies available for the starting suggested retail price. I picked up my copy from a gaming store in RI for $42, after it was declared out-of-print.


Your definition of available and affordable differs somewhat from mine. Weeks ago, I checked every foreign language version of Amazon that I could think of. Not one had a copy that was both affordable and available. Very few even had any copies at all. Additionally, when these mysterious cheap foreign copies dry up, the situation will not be any better for new and future players.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JVKhoury wrote:
Your definition of available and affordable differs somewhat from mine. Weeks ago, I checked every foreign language version of Amazon that I could think of. Not one had a copy that was both affordable and available. Very few even had any copies at all. Additionally, when these mysterious cheap foreign copies dry up, the situation will not be any better for new and future players.

I hear you. The trick is in setting your own expectations: Online stores like CoolStuffInc were selling it for $28.99, but that ship has sailed. MSRP is $42.99, and you'd be lucky to find it for that price. It seems like a current, "reasonable" price is around $70, shipped. I fear the game is headed towards $100+.

With that said, I will say that being patient is the likely answer. Every OOP game that I purchased at a premium has eventually been offered as a a more affordable reprint, including such titles as Ra, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, Die Macher, and The Republic of Rome. I anticipate that White Moon will eventually receive the same treatment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf wrote:
JVKhoury wrote:
Your definition of available and affordable differs somewhat from mine. Weeks ago, I checked every foreign language version of Amazon that I could think of. Not one had a copy that was both affordable and available. Very few even had any copies at all. Additionally, when these mysterious cheap foreign copies dry up, the situation will not be any better for new and future players.

I hear you. The trick is in setting your own expectations: Online stores like CoolStuffInc were selling it for $28.99, but that ship has sailed. MSRP is $42.99, and you'd be lucky to find it for that price. It seems like a current, "reasonable" price is around $70, shipped. I fear the game is headed towards $100+.

With that said, I will say that being patient is the likely answer. Every OOP game that I purchased at a premium has eventually been offered as a a more affordable reprint, including such titles as Ra, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, Die Macher, and The Republic of Rome. I anticipate that White Moon will eventually receive the same treatment.



Unfortunately, most of the available copies on sale (such as the ones available at Amazon, eBay and BGG Marketplace) are NOT shipping outside US, so it gets much harder for us to pick up an affordable copy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fameros wrote:
All reviews I read say the White Moon expansion is awesome, but unfortunately it is out of print and the publisher has no plans to reprint it.

Gah ... thanks a heap ... somehow you said the magic words that made me obsessed with buying a copy ... "out of print". surprise

Even though I am still enjoying the base game greatly and haven't beaten it at all levels, I felt that maybe I should run out and purchase all the expansions just in case I want them in future. shake

Turns out that none of the games shops in my state had White Moon, but a shop in the next state has them in stock and delivered in 2 days! Only a little over the RRP too (plus P&H)

(fine print: Australia)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.