Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look to your left right now, Apparatus is #7 in the BGG Hotness list, right below the amazing Kickstarter success (and fellow Game Artisan of Canada design), D-Day Dice.

Between that and the Apparatus cover image being firmly ensconced on the BGG front page image gallery, we're definitely building up steam (which, for a steampunk game, is kinda important).

We're a third of the way to being funded, with exactly 2 weeks left to go so we definitely need as much help as we can muster to cross the finish line. Head on over to the Kickstarter page to see some additional artwork, download a pre-press version of the rules, help us solve the mystery of Klaus von Essen's mysterious disappearance, and rebuild the Apparatus for the good of humanity. Bring your top hat and goggles - you're going to need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish you could have extended the date until after GenCon, where you're sure to do more demos. I would be much more likely to support it if I could have seen it there. Unfortunately, as it is, I'm still on the fence. I really enjoy the humor and style you're putting around the game, I just was looking forward to seeing it at GenCon and deciding how I liked it before either pre-ordering it or supporting it on Kickstarter. I presume there's no way to extend the date? Did you purposefully choose to end it before GenCon? I'm just curious about the dates, and why they were chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
I really wish you could have extended the date until after GenCon, where you're sure to do more demos. I would be much more likely to support it if I could have seen it there. Unfortunately, as it is, I'm still on the fence. I really enjoy the humor and style you're putting around the game, I just was looking forward to seeing it at GenCon and deciding how I liked it before either pre-ordering it or supporting it on Kickstarter. I presume there's no way to extend the date? Did you purposefully choose to end it before GenCon? I'm just curious about the dates, and why they were chosen.

From what I've heard, Apparatus won't be at GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
mjortman wrote:

There is no way of extending the date. We had originally planned on being at GenCon, but due to circumstances beyond our control we are not able to attend this year. We brought it to Origins, but nobody attended Origins this year.

We started the project as soon as it was ready. This game has been in development for awhile, and we are anxious to get it into the hands of our waiting customers. I'd support it, but I may be slightly biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird, I could have sworn that I saw they were going to be at GenCon. Maybe it was one of the unofficial lists somewhere, since you said you were hoping to be there.

Bummer about Origins. Sounds like a number of people were let down by it this year.

toyvaultinc wrote:
I'd support it, but I may be slightly biased.

This made me smile. I'm still very interested in supporting it, but with so many other games that I plan on buying at GenCon, it's hard to dedicate money to this too. Still, it looks like a fun game, so I'm definitely not taking it off of my list.

Regardless, as I said, I very much enjoy the "style" you are putting in to the game and the video on Kickstarter. Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Chances look slim for this to get backed. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:
Chances look slim for this to get backed. :-(

Yep, the project has been flat since 7/30/2012, if not several days before that. Apparently the project owner has decided to just let this one fizzle and die, especially since they have provided no updates, comments, or made any attempts to market the game since the end of July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Oh. Hadn't realized that, too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, everyone, but the Kickstarter campaign was not successful. I'm unsure what Toy Vault's plans for the project are in the days to come but, as the game's designer, I wanted to offer a big personal thank you to everyone who did come out and offer their support. I really appreciate it.

I'll be doing a little bit of cleanup on BGG tonight, removing the game from the various Kickstarter lists, etc, but I wanted to make a more permanent post like this to give everyone a sense of closure.

Thanks again for your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Rob,

I'm sorry to hear it.

Any chance it will still be at Gen Con, so we can try it and build some buzz?

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toyvaultinc wrote:
We had originally planned on being at GenCon, but due to circumstances beyond our control we are not able to attend this year.

Thanks for the offer, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobBartel wrote:
Sorry, everyone, but the Kickstarter campaign was not successful. I'm unsure what Toy Vault's plans for the project are in the days to come but, as the game's designer, I wanted to offer a big personal thank you to everyone who did come out and offer their support. I really appreciate it.

I was a backer for this project and I would love it you or Toy Vault would reply in this thread when you've decided what to do with the game. I hope it gets a relaunch at some point in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your support, Matt. ToyVault's contract for the game has expired and I'm in discussions with other publishers about the project. Current indications are that the game will be released by another publisher next year under a different theme and title.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy playing some of the other games I've designed:
Two by Two
Famous Fastballs: The World's Smallest Baseball Game
Famous Forehand: The World's Smallest Tennis Game
Famous 500: The World's Smallest Car Racing Game
Famous First Downs: The World's Smallest Football Game
Famous Fairways: The World's Smallest Golf Game

And don't forget to check out some other Games by the Game Artisans of Canada. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobBartel wrote:
Thanks for your support, Matt. ToyVault's contract for the game has expired and I'm in discussions with other publishers about the project. Current indications are that the game will be released by another publisher next year under a different theme and title.

Emphasis added, because the theme is what I really liked about the game. I'll reserve judgement until I see the relaunch, but it would be a shame to lose the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bartel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love steampunk and was having fun with the whole Klaus Von Essen thing. The new theme under discussion does offer a much better fit with the mechanics, however, while still being very dramatic and compelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.