Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I understand that normally a swimmer only gets 1 movement a turn and getting on or off a boat and jumping off a tile counts as this movement. But what's never really made clear is if you can use a movement from the red dolphin aid (move your swimmer 3 sea spaces) to hop in a boat once you are in the same tile as a boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you dig through the older posts here there is I believe a thread on this question with an answer by the designer I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I was looking through those and I got discouraged because everyone wanted to argue about how movement was defined, I would just like a clear answer to this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant find the specific thread. But I believe the answer was thus.

You can use the dolphin to take the swimmer XYZ spaces say to a boat or a shore - THEN move them onto the boat or safe shore with their movement. But you cannot use it alone to move the swimmer onto either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Tharp
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hobby game designer, please print and play my games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just follow what the tile says...sea spaces. Neither land nor a boat are sea spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or by the graphic-- the dolphin will get you there...to the boat, and then you have to climb aboard the boat (separate movement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.