Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as I understand it, those that missed out in the KS campaign for Forgotten Oath will be unable to purchase it? Really? Come on, I don't believe it!

I have the Shattered Aegis expansion and would certainly like this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it was a KS backers exclusive only. Bummer. I found out about Small Box after the KS campaign was over. I'd be on board for Forgotten Oath as well if it's ever available again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost any game worth playing is eventually reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yosemite wrote:
Looks like it was a KS backers exclusive only. Bummer. I found out about Small Box after the KS campaign was over. I'd be on board for Forgotten Oath as well if it's ever available again...

Me too, found out too late unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
Almost any game worth playing is eventually reprinted.

I hope so with this one. Shall wait and see I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Forgotten Oath rules are available here: http://www.smallboxgames.com/rules_fo.pdf

If all you're wanting is the official 3-4 player rule set, you can find them there.

If you guys are referring to the Champion cards, yeah, those will never be reprinted. They were an exclusive for people backing the game on Kickstarter. Will there be other, new Champion cards in the future? Possibly. The ones that were included in Kickstarter reward packages, however, won't ever see print again. Making something exclusive, then re-releasing it, sort of kills the exclusive aspect of it. I know it sucks if you missed out on the kickstarter project, or chose not to back it for whatever reason, but breaking our word on exclusivity with 500+ people to make a handful of people happy doesn't work for us.

For those who already owned the first edition ofthe game, we sent out multiple emails to let you know about the option to "upgrade" your current copy of the game with the new units, new box, and kickstarter promo items, at price point that was a complete loss to us, by backing the project. We did this to make sure that people who had the first edition of the game had a chance to get the stuff they were missing at a price that was less than cost plus shipping for us.

With that being said, the Champion unit type is an interesting new inclusion in the game, but I think most who owned the game before the Kickstarter and later backed the game on Kickstarter for the second edition goodies, will tell you that the Champions don't make or break the game. Don't get me wrong, they're neat, but the game works just fine without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I was looking at purchasing Omen after seeing a few postive reviews on it. I was even overjoyed to see that there was a second edition that included the first expansion. Then I saw this. If you want to make you backers happy, fine, but you just lost a sale with the tone of your reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
As a brand new SmallBox games customer (just purchased Omen from the SmallBox website yesterday), I am only slightly disappointed upon finding out that this expansion was "exclusive", never-to-be-reprinted. This disappointment was more than offset by observing that you are sticking to your word. Bravo! Your attitude below shines, and will probably inspire some long-term customer loyalty and goodwill.

justjohn wrote:
I know it sucks if you missed out on the kickstarter project, or chose not to back it for whatever reason, but breaking our word on exclusivity with 500+ people to make a handful of people happy doesn't work for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
Hmm. I'm not hearing a "tone". Just responsiveness and information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good lord. John was perfectly polite and reasonable in his reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry everyone. I was having a bad day and the Greater Internet ****wad theory got the better of me. That's no excuse to act like a jerk to people I don't know, so again apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adachi
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
Sorry everyone. I was having a bad day and the Greater Internet ****wad theory got the better of me. That's no excuse to act like a jerk to people I don't know, so again apologies.

Dunno, could be a cultural thing. I too read some agression into the reply that might not have actually been there. If I were to phrase myself in that way it would be to assume a moderately combattive stance or a moral position against a perceived opponent. Since text is a very limited medium over which it is exceedingly easy to miscommunicate or misunderstand humbleness is always the better side of valor. And that said, I am far from successfull in my attempts at internet communication myself... :rolleyes@self:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're still interested in getting this, it's just been added as an option for those who are supporting small box games latest kickstarter. Check out the updates section for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
If you're still interested in getting this, it's just been added as an option for those who are supporting small box games latest kickstarter. Check out the updates section for more info.

Thanks for the tip. Is this in a backers only update? I don't see any info about Forgotten Oath (I'm not a backer yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure if the backer updates were publicly available or not as I only read the ones for the projects I back.

If you can't find it, that must the issue. Sorry for the confusion. If you back them though, you'll be able to order FO. Mine should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. How much are they asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 bucks, which includes shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
10 bucks, which includes shipping.

Aaah, just my luck. This was offered with the latest SmallBox Kickstarter campaign as an add-on? Looks like I missed it. Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.