Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I expend a weapon counter from a wounded pilot durring a SAR
check?

The rules do not seem to prohibit it but not sure if I should...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that you can, unless the Stress caused by the Wound moved your pilot to Unfit, in which case all your weapons are removed, as I understand it.

But if your Stress stays in normal/shaken, I see nothing in the Wounded rule to say you lose weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Being wounded does prevent you from attacking anymore on the
current map right?, or just for the 1 turn after you are wounded?

I always moved these planes to the edge to go home thinking they were done fighting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The printed rules for TAL don't say to remove weapons, only that a wounded pilot cannot attack. Phantom Leader and TAL say you remove counters when a pilot becomes unfit, but becoming wounded doesn't make you unfit, or at least not necessarily.

But I think the spirit of "cannot attack" would include being unable to expend weapons to help with an event card or SAR. Flying an attack is tough enough when you're not wounded, and in any case the rest of the squadron would be focused on getting the wounded guy home, not asking him to bring Hellfires to bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.