Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shadow Rune says for Zachareth only, but is that for the entire weapon, or only the first line on the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSumOne wrote:
The Shadow Rune says for Zachareth only, but is that for the entire weapon, or only the first line on the card?

It basically means on Zachareth can wield it (none of the other Lieutenants can).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

After thinking about this as an OL who won possession of the Shadow Rune and then never used it (believing it to be only for Zachareth), I now believe that only the first line refers to Zachareth (i.e., if Baron Z uses it, he gains surge +2 wds).

If any other lieutenant uses the Shadow Rune, it gives the benefits listed below the exclusive Zacareth text.

Any other interpretation means that this valuable "prize" can never actually be used by the OL in the remainder of the campaign except the Finale, and only then if the Finale is Man Who Would Be King. It also makes no sense for Zach to get a "range" bonus because he doesn't use a ranged weapon.

It's too late for me to do anything about it now but I'll bring this up with my players and see what they think when we fight the Finale on Wednesday night (of course Zach will use it during that battle!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimZam wrote:

After thinking about this as an OL who won possession of the Shadow Rune and then never used it (believing it to be only for Zachareth), I now believe that only the first line refers to Zachareth (i.e., if Baron Z uses it, he gains surge +2 wds).

If any other lieutenant uses the Shadow Rune, it gives the benefits listed below the exclusive Zacareth text.

This is what's confusing me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimZam wrote:

Any other interpretation means that this valuable "prize" can never actually be used by the OL in the remainder of the campaign except the Finale, and only then if the Finale is Man Who Would Be King. It also makes no sense for Zach to get a "range" bonus because he doesn't use a ranged weapon.

It's too late for me to do anything about it now but I'll bring this up with my players and see what they think when we fight the Finale on Wednesday night (of course Zach will use it during that battle!).

Actually, Act 2 Zachareth has the Shadowbolt ability, which is basically a ranged attack that rolls BRY instead of BRR, but is otherwise the same as his normal attack. So the bonus range on a surge makes sense to me.

I'm pretty sure that the whole card is Zachareth only, because otherwise they would have made it clear that only that ability is for Zachareth, and the rest of the card is for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

You may be right, Sethala, I missed Shadowbolt, I guess I'll wait for FAQ on this. It just seems sad to me that I fought so hard as OL to win a "relic" that I'll only be able to use once, and then only because I won 2 out of 3 battles in Act II -- otherwise the relic would never have been used at all and the entire discussion would be moot.

It seems that the value of at least some of the relics lies in denying them to the other side where they would be more powerful.

Of course the Shadow Rune also has a place in the story, so . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the rune pictured on the lt? Like on his belt or something?. Alos, I think Zach is in both finales...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Isn't the rune pictured on the lt? Like on his belt or something?. Alos, I think Zach is in both finales...

-shnar

He is, but if I remember correctly...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
...the Shadow Rune is "consumed" as part of the ritual to release Dragonlord Gryvorn in one of the the finales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.